I've finally decided. I like the Telecaster better...

geek_usa

• Members

Over the years I've owned several different Teles and Strats. They are both great guitars, and I still own both kinds. But if I was forced to choose, which would I keep?

And I realized that I simply like Telecasters better. They're generally built better (compare a Fender Mex Tele to a Strat or a Squier Tele to a Strat) and the tone is richer and thicker, in my opinion.

They also have a more even weight when standing, and they're easier to palm on.

If you play blues I can see where you might differ, but for rock and close to metal territory, I'd say Teles are a sure shot. :)

• Members

My main guitar is a tele with a Warmoth LP scale neck. I actually prefer Les Pauls, but the band I'm in is alt-county and the tele just sounds right with them. I also play a strat and a 12 string strat with this band, but the tele gets the most play, it's the right tool for the job.

• Members

still not sure. I have both and I find each has their place. I find the strat more comfortable and easier to play. The tele has the best bridge sound, and is more rock and roll somehow. I feel a bit more like a girl when playing the strat. (apologies to women - you know what I mean)

• Members
If you play blues I can see where you might differ, but for rock and close to metal territory, I'd say Teles are a sure shot.
:)

I don't know why anyone who plays blues would differ, the tele is just as much at home in the blues as it is with any other type of music.
Oh, and yeah, tele would be my pick too.

• Members

I've got 4 Tele's and they're all different and in a good way.An Esquire, 69 Thinline, 72 Thinline (these 3 are MIM) and a MIA regular Tele with a Bigsby.

All are great guitars.

And I don't normally use them for country.

I'm into Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Johnny Lang and Jon Herrington to name a few.

Archived