Tokai Goldstar sound guitar

jtr654

• Members

I really don't know much about these guitars but I just bought one at a Pawn shop for $50 . Strat copy solid wood body ,maple neck (not a strat head ) so so tuner. Looks to be late 80's? Any info will be helpful. Thanks John.

• Members

$50 for a Tokai Goldstar is a major bargain.Well done. The Tokai's of the late 70's to mid 80's are some of the best guitars that ever came out of Japan.

If you want some info on the Goldstar, and to try and date it, the best palce is the the Tokai Forum, part of the Tokai Registry. The guys are very helpful, and a mine of info on all Tokai's.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/

:wave:

• Members

Not a strat head? similar but slightly pointier? Could still be made in Japan. If so, mid 80's Made in Japan Tokai's go for a few hundred on ebay - up to $500+ for really nice early ones.

Pics would really be helpful - even a cell phone cam pic or something.

• Members

It's similar to a Strathead the end just not as round. The color is a Silver. It plays as well as the vintage Strat I've own in the past ( 50's -70's )and much better than most of the new one I've tried. The neck isn't as thin as the new strats.

• Members

Sounds like a mid-80's model to me. They go for some money... again, depending on the condition, but for what you said, $400 is in the ballpark. $50 is a steal! Great score. Really good guitar. I used an 80's Tokai neck for a project strat I put together that came out great.

Archived