let's start again! The les Paul family!

pongki

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thelespauls2.jpg
left to right:

epiphone lp custom red ,edwards lp standard vintage honeyburst, greco lp custom lite, epiphone lp goldtop, epiphone lp custom ebony

below:

fantasia (MIJ) lp custom white, Gibson lp custom vintage white, Gibson Lp standard cherry burst

Wow!!

• Members

But why not make the most profit margin?

They'd have to sell way more Epi fakes than Gibson fakes to make the same dosh. Given that what they're doing is illegal in the civilized world, there should be a lot of pressure to be as efficient as possible.

I remain unconvinced.
:p

PS-- and my original question remains unanswered-- why is this guitar suspect?

The Gibson & Epi fakes cost about the same to make and are sold at the same prices as well in the shops. Heck, I have to be careful when I buy cigarettes there :p It doesn't make sense for us, but that's the way it is.

• Members

nice classic. How are you liking it? i had one in ebony (black), but never could bond with it and ended up selling it.

I'm really liking it at the moment.

I was originally going to get a Standard but when I tried the Classic something just felt right about it, i only had to play it for a few minutes to know that it was the one that suited me perfectly.

What did you replace your Classic with?

• Members

I'm really liking it at the moment.

I was originally going to get a Standard but when I tried the Classic something just felt right about it, i only had to play it for a few minutes to know that it was the one that suited me perfectly.

What did you replace your Classic with?

if memory serves me correctly, i used the money to pick up a Bad Cat combo amp. i really hope you enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it!

• Members

Lots of other people would disagree with you. Why spend $5K on a single guitar when you can have a batch of perfectly fine ones for the same amount? More's the merrier.

I'm pretty sure that Gibson discontinued the "'59 Historic Mother{censored}er" anyhow.

It was replaced with the "Historic 59 Cocksucker".

• Members

if memory serves me correctly, i used the money to pick up a Bad Cat combo amp. i really hope you enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it!

Thanks man, I'm sure I will get a lot of a use out of it, It's just a shame that things like work get in the way of playing time!

• Members

Thanks man, I'm sure I will get a lot of a use out of it, It's just a shame that things like work get in the way of playing time!

there's a simple (yet idiotic) solution to that~ quit! :poke:

totally kidding (how else are you going to legally earn money for more guitars?!)

• Members

there's a simple (yet idiotic) solution to that~ quit! :poke:

totally kidding (how else are you going to
legally
earn money for more guitars?!)

I suppose I could always start an awesome band that sells out huge arenas and sells millions of records, therefore earning money from guitar playing, but it sounds like too much effort (nothing to do with the fact that I'm not talented enough, honest!).

• Members

Lots of other people would disagree with you. Why spend $5K on a single guitar when you can have a batch of perfectly fine ones for the same amount? More's the merrier.

I'm pretty sure that Gibson discontinued the "'59 Historic Mother{censored}er" anyhow.

exactly...I don't believe that only gibson can make a good guitar...and by the way...not all of them I bought...some are given to me

• Members

do they all sound hugely different?
:idk:

different? yes..hugely different? maybe not...but when you're collecting the sound factor is number 2..number 1 is just collect them, sometimes just based on the colour..

the red one looks fake? probably but I don't care..got it for $ 190..for that price I'm prepared for everything :)

Instead of fake, I think it's some kind of reject product or something that didn't pass the QC,that the staff sold it through the back door. It is made in Indonesia...and I live in Indonesia...so...there's a chance

Archived