let's start again! The les Paul family!

pongki

• Members

thelespauls2.jpg

left to right:

epiphone lp custom red ,edwards lp standard vintage honeyburst, greco lp custom lite, epiphone lp goldtop, epiphone lp custom ebony

below:

fantasia (MIJ) lp custom white, Gibson lp custom vintage white, Gibson Lp standard cherry burst

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
thelespauls2.jpg
left to right:

epiphone lp custom red ,edwards lp standard vintage honeyburst, greco lp custom lite, epiphone lp goldtop, epiphone lp custom ebony

below:

fantasia (MIJ) lp custom white, Gibson lp custom vintage white, Gibson Lp standard cherry burst

i cant offer any, but had to say what a stunning collection :)

• Members

Why you don't sell all this crap and buy ya a $5000 VOS 59' historic mother{censored}er Les Paul? Or maybe even some vintage {censored}e.

I don't see the point having a couple of epiphones, an edwards close to a standard Gibson.

• Members

Why you don't sell all this crap and buy ya a $5000 VOS 59' historic mother{censored}er Les Paul? Or maybe even some vintage {censored}e.

I don't see the point having a couple of epiphones, an edwards close to a standard Gibson.

Lots of other people would disagree with you. Why spend $5K on a single guitar when you can have a batch of perfectly fine ones for the same amount? More's the merrier.

I'm pretty sure that Gibson discontinued the "'59 Historic Mother{censored}er" anyhow.

• Members

Lots of other people would disagree with you. Why spend $5K on a single guitar when you can have a batch of perfectly fine ones for the same amount? More's the merrier.

I'm pretty sure that Gibson discontinued the "'59 Historic Mother{censored}er" anyhow.

+1000000

Nice collection!!

• Members

How so? Looks like an Epi LP Custom to me.

Besides, why would someone fake an Epi when it'd be just as easy to put "Gibson" on the headstock? Nonsensical.

Brand recognition is all that counts when it comes to counterfeit goods. And the cheaper the good, the less suspicious people will be (as you have so perfectly shown with this post :p ). :)

• Members

Brand recognition is all that counts when it comes to counterfeit goods. And the cheaper the good, the less suspicious people will be (as you have so perfectly shown with this post
:p
).
:)

But why not make the most profit margin?

They'd have to sell way more Epi fakes than Gibson fakes to make the same dosh. Given that what they're doing is illegal in the civilized world, there should be a lot of pressure to be as efficient as possible.

I remain unconvinced. :p

PS-- and my original question remains unanswered-- why is this guitar suspect?

Archived