Will 80's metal ever make a comeback?

fantastico

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go listen to Avenged Sevenfold, Children of Bodom or Atreyu and pretty much every other metal band that's got popular in the last 8 years or so, there are 80's influences all over modern metal...

There are some similarities but this stuff really lacks that "fun" factor that a lot of 80s metal had.

• Members
There are some similarities but this stuff really lacks that "fun" factor that a lot of 80s metal had.

It sucks, just like music in the 80's sucked as well as the culture :idk:

Why expect a whole scene and musical style to just come back exactly the same, full fledged and unaltered?

• Members

It sucks, just like music in the 80's sucked as well as the culture
:idk:

Why expect a whole scene and musical style to just come back exactly the same, full fledged and unaltered?

WTH as far as the 80's culture, are you actually talking about? :confused: Looking at your videos, doesn't even look like you were even born in the 80's, nice playing though :thu:. One great concept back then was you didn't have any pompous, politically correct assholes, like you have today. That in itself would be worth it to me. I know some or most don't like Avenged Sevenfold for example, but I don't find them as a group, that atrocious, not to listen to them. There is gonna be {censored} from every decade, just the way it's been & will continue to be. I won't & don't miss the mandatory ballads though. Plus gas was a hell of a lot cheaper & had no problems driving my street rods as everyday drivers. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived