All Clapton fans HAVE to see this......

saxdude48

• Members

lol, yep it sure does
:facepalm:

Haha, speak for yourself - you live in Edmonton :cop:

Cool post by the OP - through some strange twist of fate, I was already listening to the 24 nights version of this earlier today! Clapton has his detractors, but he'll always be the best to me.

• Members

Groaning the Blues! Great!

Check this one out. his crossroads 04 "I Shot the Sheriff" one... AWESOME improv solo,, i think this is one of his best solos ever. How it starts soft and then its just a massive build up over like the 4 minutes or whatever. check it out:

cheers

• Members

Nice stuff, thanks. I don't get the critics, he plays what he likes as do we all, but he can play it well and sometimes exceptionaly. I've never understood why some of us feel we have some sort of right to expect or demand that our hero's(?) do what we want them to do.

• Members

Love Clapton - most of his solo career. Playing was fantastic on that, but by HC Rule - me being nobody but still telling an all-time great what to do - I still don't like those Lace Senosr Pickups.:mad:

• Members

I just can't into any Clapton after about 1973 (post the "Rainbow Concert).

Everything before that inspires me; after that...not so much.

It's wierd, like the original Clapton was replaced by a pale substitute.

But I sure that If my 1973 self were to see me now, he'd think the same thing.

• Members

Of course you know this thread is totally screwed. All the Clapton fans like myself will check it out and appreciate it, but unfortunately, every wannabe that puts him down at every opportunity to make themselves feel better (I guess that's why they do it) will be here too.

Yeah, well, {censored} them.

• Members

Why 73? What's the rainbow concert?

I don't know why 1973, other than the post Rainbow Concert recordings just don't inspire me much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Clapton's_Rainbow_Concert

Maybe it was the whole quiting herion thing.

I perfer Pete Townshend and Joe Walsh's recordings before they got sober also.

I have absolutely no love for drug abuse, but it just seems that I perfer these guys' art when they were abusing.

But I do perfer that they be alive, good parents and good citizens, than drug abusers. I just won't be buying many of their albums.

• Members

Groaning the Blues! Great!

Check this one out. his crossroads 04 "I Shot the Sheriff" one... AWESOME improv solo,, i think this is one of his best solos ever. How it starts soft and then its just a massive build up over like the 4 minutes or whatever. check it out:

cheers

Some really beautiful playing there. I have to admit I did not enjoy Clapton at all when I was younger. I was more into Yngwie and Satriani. Then i heard the Journeyman album. It made me completely reevaluate my playing. I've been a fan ever since. He is probably my biggest influence now.

Archived