what wah pedal for heavy rock?

chrisebrooks06

• Members

well i lent my skint jobless mate my wah the result he breaks it by spilling beer on it, my lesson is learned, and now i have to get a new one:cry:

any jim dunlop models etc

what you guys using?

i have heard the jim dunlop pedals are built like a tank, so this interests me but what models etc

thanks

chris

• Members

I'm still in search of a good one. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a really expensive one. My DUNLOP has sucked ass since I brought it home and I purchased a morley bad horsie II ( with warranty ) it stopped working a week later. I'm back to my crybaby , which I hear is serviceable with modding, but I hate doing that {censored}. I want one that works right out of the box !!!

• Members

:snax:

Been in search for a while as well - none of the ones you guys have mentioned so far have done it for me, either not versatile enough or sound really gimmicky to my ears, not organic at all. But maybe I'm too picky, or too impatient? I'm certainly too poor for a high-end one...

• Members

I'm still in search of a good one. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a really expensive one. My DUNLOP has sucked ass since I brought it home and I purchased a morley bad horsie II ( with warranty ) it stopped working a week later. I'm back to my crybaby , which I hear is serviceable with modding, but I hate doing that {censored}. I want one that works right out of the box !!!

My heavily used Morley BH2 has given me no issues though. I think you must have got a bad one. I think I'm about to pick up another, a dude on CL is selling one with an Akai Intelliphase, its cheap for the two on them $50.

• Members

So I guess this is a good deal?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/msg/773531437.html

It's in my 'hood. Maybe I should get it.

----------------------------------------

For the OP with the crapped out wah:

I would: 1 - leave it in a car in the sun with all the windows up to really dry it out.

2 - if it still doesn't work, look at replacing the pots - much cheaper than replacing the whole thing.

• Members

I have used morely as well as dunlop but a couple years ago after veering away from pedals all together my brother got me a VOX. Plain ass old looking wah that sounds like buttah. Sounds great as the battery is on its way out and just as good (but different) when a fresh on is in.

None of the tones produced here seem shrill or painfull to me unlike some of the dunlop stuff I have had and while the morely stuff is built well (or at least was when i had them) it did not have the sonic clarity that i have been getting from the vox.

I don't use it much but for me it has the "wah" sound i hear in my head when i think " this could use some wah action".

• Members

What about a Teese Wizard Wah?

I have the Picture Wah as I am after a more vintage sound but it is a kick-ass wah. They are expensive but they sound amazing and with Geoffrey you will get first class service from the the guy who built your pedal, which is something you can't get from the big boys.

• Members

dry it out? huh?

last I checked, most people consume beer in its liquid state.

could be some moisture in the circuitry. drying it could remove said moisture.

it can work for a lot of things that get damp - cell phones, ipods, etc. if fully saturated it might not really help, but a spilled beer, it might do the trick.

• Members

Dunlop Wah-Wah, "DIME Crybaby From Hell" sig series - $40 (Sylvan Park, Nashville)

The camoflauge-finished Dimebag Darrell signiture series wah pedal features additional features such as a variable q setting, a gain boost, volume knob, fine tuning, and a wah range selector knob. Barely used, still has plastic on the bottom. This pedal new sells for $129.99

:idk:

• Members

Dunlop Wah-Wah, "DIME Crybaby From Hell" sig series - $40 (Sylvan Park, Nashville)

The camoflauge-finished Dimebag Darrell signiture series wah pedal features additional features such as a variable q setting, a gain boost, volume knob, fine tuning, and a wah range selector knob. Barely used, still has plastic on the bottom. This pedal new sells for $129.99

:idk:

thanks

just ordered one

my other wah had coffee in it and is now not functioning so he has agreed to give me half towards it

Archived