2008 Gibson Les Paul

ilovemystrat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

me too d00d, they could be as good as a VOS!

maybe!

to be honest though; i played a traditional last weekend and i gotta say - that was a DAMN fine guitar. looked, felt and sounded amazing. but before i pull the trigger on my next LP, i wanna try these new standards.

• Members

wait a minute...weren`t you asking which of the two Les Pauls you already own to bring back with you? Now you wanna make the choice among the three?...or trade/sell off the other two and just keep this one?

Or none of the above?

sell the two and get the 2008, plek + locking tuners + straploks + PAF + long neck tenon is what i need!

• Members

I want the option of weight relieved or not.

I have an 06 Standard that's chambered. I like it. Sounds and plays great.

I just like Les Pauls heavy:idk:

Yeah I agree....as you have the option of 50's or 60's neck profile they should also offer the option of chambered or unchambered so the buyer can choose their own preference...and it would be good also to be able to A/B them together in a store to see how much (if any) they sound different.

Me, I got a 2006 LP Standard in Ice Tea w/50's neck and its great...these I think have the swiss cheese weight relief holes in them. Anyways it weighs in at over 9lbs!! Feels good, and to me at least sounds like a LP should.

• Members

Right? 75% markup - that's one helluva friend!

It is actually I who had offered to pay him to hook me up.He has to go through some trouble to get it and its risky.I was planning on buying one anyways so why not pay 700$That is still a huge discount.

• Members

I know it is slightly delusional to think that they listen to customers but by introducing the plek system and new tuners I think they may have actually done it. We will see how these turn out.

The Plek has got to cut down on the cost of making the guitar.

Archived