I got my new guitar (NGD)

cerebrix

• Members

after reading a lot of threads here one thing I took a chance on was going with the standard medium jumbo frets. I had it so in my head that huge frets always = better but ill tell ya, chording actually IS a bit easier and I dont seem to have any trouble with vibrato with these frets either. When I play, I tend to not think about how big/small they are/aren't. I just play. I'm glad this place is here to help me do research. Coming in at .048" H .103" W, these are already a little bit bigger than the standard, gibson/fender/prs medium jumbo's anyway.

God I'M LOVING THIS GUITAR

• Members

I gotta say that I cant ever remember anyone painting a koa bodied guitar.But I do like the silver burst and the tone of koa.You must really be in love with the color scheme,huh?nice guitar.

That I am my friend, that I am.

What grabbed me about koa wasn't the look, tbh, natrual finish guitars really arent my gig. But what grabbed me was the tone. For a double cut, this thing is heafty. has that heavy meat of a les paul for rhythm, but has the bite I like for leads, the maple stripes in the neck kinda help with that as well.

for me, its the perfect combo

• Members

You know, I'm glad to see that. I've got a full custom on order in that exact finish. Ordered a few months ago. I had never seen anything like that before...was just on the USA custom guitars site page and fiddling with colors and came upon that and liked it.

Concept (except w/ baretta body shape):

CustomGuitar.png

What's done so far:

DSC04186.JPG

• Members
Well folks. Here she is. The best looking and playing guitar I've ever seen or held in my life.

Thats it? :facepalm:

Just kidding..! Thats a pretty badass guitar and I hope (After all of the waiting and worrying.) that it lasts you a lifetime.

I just cant understand painting over a piece of Koa like that... Loll!!

Copyof1899984217_b5174dfbea.jpg

Archived