iplayanesp

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

phil47uk_1191597007_LP_BM.jpg

this guitar is friking stunning.

Thanks iplayanesp,

Yep it certainly is a tone monster and a half and I have owned many Les Paul's in my 40 odd year career in the music biz.

Every now and again a special one with great acoustical tone properties pops up and I got the info on this particular one from a dealer friend of mine in the States. You can strum an open chord, walk round the house and when you come back, the headstock is still shaking. Here a couple of bigger pics.

LPBM2-1.jpg

HumphreyA.jpg

And here is a short sound clip I made playing around with the neck pickup. Not a great recording, but just a quick one off take to try it out the neck pickup clean.. No effects. Through a Bassman cranked for blues though, it's a monster.

• Members

Ah yes, the 335S -- the only celeb user I can recall was the late Chicago slide guy JB Hutto. When he died he left it to his nephew Ed Williams, leader of Li'l Ed & The Blues Imperials.

Not unlike Marc's Travis Bean, only with a standard mahogany neck.

(The guitar, not JB Hutto)

• Members

And here is a short sound clip I made playing around with the neck pickup. Not a great recording, but just a quick one off take to try it out the neck pickup clean.. No effects. Through a Bassman cranked for blues though, it's a monster.

Very nice indeed Phil. Classy.

• Members

I dropped my LP VM on stage yesterday. Broke a tuning peg off and bent another. It didn't even get a ding on the body. Neck is just fine. How did this atrocity happen? My wonderful Schaller Straplock had worked itself upside down and the little spring loaded peg that holds it in didn't hold it in!

Fortunately the body landed on my foot and broke the fall. I grabbed a Tele, plugged it in and didn't miss a note... that's rock and roll. New set of Gibson Vintage Nickel Tuners will be here by Wed and she will be as good as new. To tell you the truth, at first I thought my 10lbs LP had broken my toe.

DSC03876.jpg

• Members

Are those bindings and pickguard white or are they cream?

I have 07 and I have cream bindings...

Hard to tell too in the sunlight

Creeeeeeeeeeem! I'm in the process of adding Grovers atm...Tuning with those Klusons is like twiddling pieces of fudge.

• Members
^ which one is your favorite? if you could only keep one.

They all have their place, but probably ol' Plain Jane here:

plainjane.jpg

She's a '99 standard, with a Seth Lover in the neck and my usual wiring mod (vol-vol-master tone-master vol). She was my first Les Paul, and though she's technically no better than the Historic in the next picture, she's a wonderful beast and the one I'm most attached to.

No QC issues whatsoever :cool:

• Members
this thread is orgasmic!

my baby...

lespaul05-1.jpg

95' Standard

i've owned a handful of strats and teles, but this is the only guitar that i've truly bonded with. i'll have it always.

Wow, what a rig! That is one of the nicer Les Pauls Ive seen:love:

Archived