Post Pics of your Over Priced, over hyped, bad QC Les pauls

iplayanesp

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First off, I apologize if the picture is too small, unclear, not visible, etc. It's my first time posting pictures here and I'm not too good at it.
Anyway, back row left to right: early 70's Standard, '76 Custom, '77 Standard, '90 Custom. Front row l to r: '92 Standard, '97 Jimmy Page, '00 Classic.
My first one was built so poorly that I had to keep buying them. I figured I would eventually get one that doesn't suck. I'll keep trying.

• Members
Gibson Les Paul Vixen, a little different from the regular LP.

Very thin finish(not sure exactly what it is), like the Faded series. Dull and wears quick:thu: Makes for a really fast neck as well, no thick sticky finish.

Really light, thin, all mahogany carved top body and no guard!
:cool:

n815595601_3630214_2287.jpg

That is interesting. I thought the Vixens had a thick finish, more like poly. The pink one is getting real cheap these parts because no one is buying those which are left over. Did you try other colors - I am just curious whether it is perhaps just the black one that has a thin finish ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Mine are all straight now. I wish I took photo's of a DC studio 98 LP I owned new though. Pretty Emerald GREEN, but Gibson had the string path off? I dropped a Leo Quan Bad-Ass on and slotted my own saddles which are adjustable on the Bad-Ass. But they definatly have their Friday afternoon piece's if your not watching! That one got by me too.

Archived