NGD (warmoth build)

bigconig

• Members

Finally got around to ordering the parts needed for a warmoth strat. Everything showed up on Friday so off to work I went.

Swamp ash body finished in vintage white. Everything set in to see what it would look like.

large.jpg

The birdseye neck with it's first coat of tru oil (good stuff. The first finishing job I didn't massacre, thanks to atrox for the suggestion) Quite a bit of figuring.

large.jpg

250k CTS pots, Mallory cap, SD APS-1 in the neck, Hot rails at the bridge and a pretty bad generic in the middle (a rw/rp APS-1 will go there when I have a little more $$)

large.jpg

All together- Graphtech saddles, stainless med. jumbo frets, graphite nut and sperzels.

large.jpg

I'm quite happy. I wanted to do a hardtail version of my light ash strat that was actually light (mine is 9 lbs) this one ended up a hair over 7 and is a blast

here's her sister-

large.jpg

• Members

Thanks billy- It's the pro- (compound radius, Double expanding truss rod with side adjust) in the standard thin Contour with a 1-11/16" nut. I didn't have this stuff built. I just ordered out of their showcase as I'm not one to wait, but I did have them put the SS frets and graphite nut in.

• Members

:thu:
very nice neck.I got one from warmoth with the gotoh side adjust and it is the best.couldn't afford the birdseye or the stainless frets though.

I know what you mean the guitar looks like it has a reasonable price then you go with the frets and then you say hey let them paint it then sperzels and birdseye maple neck and then :eek: You have to work 100 hours overtime every week and move into a cardboard box and eat only rice.

• Members

I know what you mean the guitar looks like it has a reasonable price then you go with the frets and then you say hey let them paint it then sperzels and birdseye maple neck and then
:eek:
You have to work 100 hours overtime every week and move into a cardboard box and eat only rice.

If you keep your eye on the showcase you can find the occasional deal. I was lucky in that I had a bunch of parts to help the cause too (pots, caps and 2 pickups) The Sperzels can be found on Ebay for a decent price- guitarfetish is great for odds and ends too

Archived