Does your tech treat your cheapie guitar differently?

valentsgrif

• Members

Tech returned my squier with tool marks around the screws and a 1/8" ding on the front.

This annoying, but new squier has been back to the shop 2x before this, and I suspect the cheaper the git, the less care you ultimately get?

Never had a problem with my American strats.

• Members

I have a gentleman I go to when there is something I just can't quite take care of (like the recent issue with my wife's hollowbody guitar. I was NOT digging around in that thing to replace the jack). He treats all guitars equal. Who is he to judge how much a guitar is worth? He wants to make players happy, and hopefully return to him if they need anything else. It would be bad biz to be a jerk about gear.

• Members

Originally posted by valentsgrif

Tech returned my squier with tool marks around the screws and a 1/8" ding on the front.

This annoying, but new squier has been back to the shop 2x before this, and I suspect the cheaper the git, the less care you ultimately get?

Never had a problem with my American strats.

Many techs are like that. Thats what drove me to become my own many years ago.

• Members

Ya know, I see all you guys griping about your techs and I really gotta be grateful for the guy I have. He works out of GC, and does wonderful work. I've never had to leave my guitar overnight, and the longest wait I've ever edured has been a little over 2 hours. Gee, 2 hours at GC, whatEVER will I find to do? =) But seriously, I wish everyone had a guy like I go to. He's an old school fella, who keeps a frickin white Marshall half stack sitting there as his test amp.. How awesome is that?

• Members

Originally posted by RaVenCAD

Ya know, I see all you guys griping about your techs and I really gotta be grateful for the guy I have. He works out of GC, and does wonderful work. I've never had to leave my guitar overnight, and the longest wait I've ever edured has been a little over 2 hours. Gee, 2 hours at GC, whatEVER will I find to do? =) But seriously, I wish everyone had a guy like I go to. He's an old school fella, who keeps a frickin white Marshall half stack sitting there as his test amp.. How awesome is that?

Jeez, where do you live?? I'd drive hours to get service like that.

I'd rather be playing guitar than working on them but if I can't find someone who gives a {censored} I have little choice.

• Members

Well, for what it's worth..

I don't treat any guitar better of worse than any other..

If I accept your job, then I will do my best...

if I DON"T accept your job . it's most likely because the instrument is not worth the amount of money neccessary to do the repair...

And I will usually say so.

I hate to see folks throw "good" money after "bad".

sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

• Members

Originally posted by RaVenCAD

:eek: dude !.. Seriously?

that cat is either;

1. BORED to tears just waiting on something to work on..

2. or he's the greatest/fastest tech on the planet..

I'm betting on #1. Becuz I'm #2

:D

• 1 year later...

Archived