Smoove Jazz wankers!

Mr. Botch

• Members

I was waiting for lunch at my favorite Thai spot today, heard a song over the PA that was familiar, but...

It was some smoove jazz sax artist, playing Dave Brubeck's "Take 5".

In 4/4 time! :freak::mad:

He/she just modded the melody, or left out notes, to make it fit. I'm all for artistic freedom but something about this is just... wrong! :cop:

• Moderators

Well... it's smoove. You can't have that extra beat and be smoove. You know. It's like a bump in the road that makes it past your Lexus suspension. It's s'possed to be a smoove ride; then that bump. So they take out the bump and then it's.... smoove baby. Brubeck and Desmond were not thinking straight back then. (pun intended)

• Members

I dig that the greats of fusion (and their progeny) need to make a living, and therefore put out those 'smoove' recordings.

BUT.... my wife cranks up the volume on these things, while wanting Pink Floyd and Deep Purple turned down!!! Sorry but I just don't get it....

• Members

Well with the industry suffering as it's been, cut backs were inevitable.

That 20% savings will show up at the bottom line, you bet.

But wait... I hear that cost cutting moves industry wide are going to mean a massive paradigm shift from 4/4 rock to the waltz...

This will bring a whopping 25% reduction in manufacturing and production costs... such savings cannot be ignored.

J Strauss, anyone?

• Moderators

But wait... I hear that cost cutting moves industry wide are going to mean a massive paradigm shift from 4/4 rock to the
waltz...

This will bring a whopping 25% reduction in manufacturing and production costs... such savings
cannot
be ignored.

J Strauss, anyone?

2/4 saves the day dude... cheaper too.

• Moderators

Smoove jazz and new age music etc cause brain damage. Among other evils, they teach people that paying attention to music is not rewarding.

That is a great point and a good way of putting it. Ever try and listen to Coltrane casually? It's kind of unpleasant. But focus on his horn and the gates of heaven open and you are greeted by 40 virgins!!! At least 40.

Pop Jazz: Zzzzzzz.

• Members

But wait... I hear that cost cutting moves industry wide are going to mean a massive paradigm shift from 4/4 rock to the
waltz...

This will bring a whopping 25% reduction in manufacturing and production costs... such savings
cannot
be ignored.

J Strauss, anyone?

Wait 'til they find cut time! 50% of the counting, twice as fast.

Archived