Britney: By the Numbers

thefunkman

• Members

"To those who want to become rich and famous, I'd say: "Get rich first and see if that doesn't cover it." So said actor Bill Murray...But since Britney could never have gotten rich without the "famous" part, we have the freak show we now see (or try to avoid) on TV.

NO, this isn't another salacious "white trash with $" thread:" It's about the numbers, amazing numbers, like these: :eek:

Estimated current net worth: Around $50 million (with some less-reliable estimates running as high as $125 million.)

Income: $730,000 per month. (Mostly from royalties: plus, considering her net worth, a mere $13-K a month from investments is a sadly low number.)

Spending: $102,000 a month for "entertainment, gifts and vacation," plus $16,000 per month for clothes. (Maybe it's one-or-two "designer" outfits per month??)

Other breakdowns:

• Members

I once found a calculator that would compare your income to the celebrity of your choice. It was cute. You could let it run and watch your incomes go up and watch how long it would take for Keanu Reeves to pay cash for a Lamborgini while you had almost enough to eat at a decent restaurant if you didn't order an appetizer.

I can't seem to find it now.

-----------------------------------------------

What Britney needs is to get out of the entertainment biz. She's made her fortune. She's got kids she needs to start taking responsibility for. There is no reason to stick around and endure this crap. It's time to retire.

Sometimes I wonder why people like her do this. Maybe they're raised that their self-esteem is dependent on their popularity. I dunno. But if I was Britney I buy some land somewhere nice and out of the way, and spend the rest of my life kicking back out of the public eye.

• Members

"To those who want to become rich and famous, I'd say: "Get rich first and see if that doesn't cover it." So said actor Bill Murray...But since Britney could never have gotten rich without the "famous" part, we have the freak show we now see (or try to avoid) on TV.

NO, this isn't another salacious "white trash with $" thread:" It's about the numbers, amazing numbers, like these: :eek:

Estimated current net worth: Around $50 million (with some less-reliable estimates running as high as $125 million.)

Income: $730,000 per month. (Mostly from royalties: plus, considering her net worth, a mere $13-K a month from investments is a sadly low number.)

Spending: $102,000 a month for "entertainment, gifts and vacation," plus $16,000 per month for clothes. (Maybe it's one-or-two "designer" outfits per month??)

Other breakdowns:

• Members

Oh, and another thing...

Having known someone supposedly worth a couple of hundred million, $50 million isn't a whole lot of money when you factor in the idiotic level of expenditures built in to a celebrity lifestyle. The income isn't really the problem, the expenses are.

• Members

Well when has that not been the case for anyone?

Without degenerating into political debate, income can become a problem for a one-dimensional individual. Even the most austere lifestyle is out of reach for a person with skills that don't fit the marketplace.

Another instance is when you depend on a few large transactions for income, instead of a steady stream of smaller deals. That's why real estate people start out renting apartments - so they can set aside a few pennies to tide them over while they wait to sell a mansion or two.

Now where would Brit and her flagging album sales be without her Dubai perfume money? And as the article points out, the big rake is touring a souvenirs. No tour: no income.

• Members

All getting back to Bill Murray's quote...

I'd always thought that if I could somehow get a million dollars in one after-taxes chunk, I could "disappear" and live a sustainable (if ascetic) lifestyle. But after taking GAS into consideration, I'd better make it two mil...or maybe two-million euros...

Billster sez:

BTW did Brit "write" those tunes or are they by some other writer who would get the majority of that income?

Good point...although I seem to remember Madonna having a deal that included her getting an automatic writer's-credit with all "her" tunes. Perhaps Brit was smart enough, (okay, one of Brit's handlers was smart enough,) to include a similar rider...

• Members

Good point...although I seem to remember Madonna having a deal that included her getting an automatic writer's-credit with all "her" tunes. Perhaps Brit was smart enough, (okay, one of Brit's
handlers
was smart enough,) to include a similar rider...

Madonna actually writes or co-writes most of her material. Does Brit write anything?

• Members

I'd always thought that if I could somehow get a million dollars in one after-taxes chunk, I could "disappear" and live a sustainable (if ascetic) lifestyle.

Isn't that what Don McLean did? Took the money from "American Pie," bought a place in France, and kicked back?

• Members

I made lots of money between 18 and 21, more than I will probably makes for the rest of my life and I tell you that being young and stupid WILL dry out the source...the residuals are very small considering the amounts that came in when you are actually performing.

I can honestly say that I shoved a Porshe down my nose, really...!:cry: I feel for this girl, the only difference is that my family did give a {censored}, I was the one that didn't! And no, I did not get writting credits for 90% of what we did.

Rod

• Members

I'd always thought that if I could somehow get a million dollars in one after-taxes chunk, I could "disappear" and live a sustainable (if ascetic) lifestyle.

Craig sez:

Isn't that what Don McLean did? Took the money from "American Pie," bought a place in France, and kicked back?

Ahh, c'est gentil.

BTW, plug "American Pie" into the Babel Fish translator site, and you get "P

Archived