How much would you tease our vocalist for playing this guitar?

ten56gibby

• Members

Our vocalist is... "flashy" to put it kindly. Here's his custom guitar that's almost finished being built ($1650 @ half off endorsement)

scottieneedsclear.jpg

It shares STRIKING similarities with these guitars does it not?

daisyrock.jpg

^ Daisy Rock Stardust

HMcustom.jpg

^ Hannah Montana signature guitar (headstock shape and fretboard inlays)

So how much would you tease my vocalist if you saw him playing this thing out live (once it's finished)? Perhaps it only looks girly to me...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Our vocalist is... "flashy" to put it kindly. Here's his custom guitar that's almost finished being built ($1650 @ half off endorsement)

So how much would you tease my vocalist if you saw him playing this thing out live (once it's finished)? Perhaps it only looks girly to me...

You should be ashamed of yourself, you big macho brute, you.

They both look like okay guitars to me ... the only thing wrong with the Hannah Montana model is the Hannah Montana logo on the front.

Tell him he can play the guitar, but only if he wears a big bristling chest-wig and a McCain/Palin baseball cap while making loud remarks about 'fags' and 'homos' between each tune.

• Members

To be a complete and utter jerk here, I would say that it looks like he is being raped. $1650 for what really does look like a Daisy Rock with a mediocre paint job done. I mean look at the headstock and fretboard inlays. Did he see the wood or anything prior to it being constructed? Who's building this custom one-off job at 50% off for endorsement?

• Members

To be a complete and utter jerk here, I would say that it looks like he is being raped. $1650 for what really does look like a Daisy Rock with a mediocre paint job done. I mean look at the headstock and fretboard inlays. Did he see the wood or anything prior to it being constructed? Who's building this custom one-off job at 50% off for endorsement?

I agree ENTIRELY!!! It's just a PRS rip-off w/o the arch top. It's all basswood and maple - NOT mahogany. The worst part of it all - is he paid in full up front for it back in January. 10 Months and it's STILL not done. wtf. The same guys finished mine about a month ago (7 months on mine - which is the GT56 in my sig, cost less btw)

• Members

So let me get this straight. You endorse this guy so he will only {censored} you half as hard as he normally would....

Apparently twice as hard. My custom from this company turned out FINE though. Links to pics in my sig. It took a little longer than reasonable (7 months almost to the day). But for $1560, I'm happy with it. The "GT56"

Neck-thru: 3 mahogany strips, 4 flamed maple strips, mahogany wings, ebony top, matching ebony headstock overlay

Reverse-style headstock w/ 3&3 tuners (locking hipshot open-back classic style)

SD P-rails (3 way switch for each pickup to isolate the rail, p90, or get full humbucker) with volume pot for each pickup and master tone

22 fret dark rosewood fretboard w/ mother-of-pearl block inlays

Hardtail string-thru bridge by hipshot

Cool ass offset waist reverse jag-esque body style

• Members
You should be ashamed of yourself, you big macho brute, you.

They both look like okay guitars to me ... the only thing wrong with the Hannah Montana model is the Hannah Montana logo on the front.

Tell him he can play the guitar, but only if he wears a big bristling chest-wig and a McCain/Palin baseball cap while making loud remarks about 'fags' and 'homos' between each tune.

Hahahaha I was just thinking, it's not that bad, it's just a bit...Republican National Convention :lol:

• Members

I don't see anything wrong with the paint job, but I grew up as a USAF brat. Body shape's a little weirdly elongated, though.

I wouldn't tease him for playing it. Might tease him for paying that much for it, however.

• Members

I wouldn't tease him at all. He's got to be feeling bad enough about it already.

Very true. Which is why I won't forward him that amazingly witty pic. He's pretty sensitive on the subject. He and I are good friends and I think the last thing I need to do while he's presently so upset about this whole deal of the guitar taking forever, would be to poke fun at his... investment. I'll just keep my thoughts of his guitar from him until he's had it a while.

• Members

scottieneedsclear.jpg

It shares STRIKING similarities with these guitars does it not?

daisyrock.jpg
^ Daisy Rock Stardust

HMcustom.jpg
^ Hannah Montana signature guitar (headstock shape and fretboard inlays)

Looks very cheaply finished, otherwise not bad. I like the other two.

Archived