gosh darn strap locks...

zosoKing5

• Members
464856_Xjpg.jpg
no, im saying the back nut came unthreaded. the design is alittle different on the schaller ones. they are built well, but this is twice now, both this week. i guess that it's human error on my part as well since i didnt lock it down tight enough after the first time. i thought i had it on there pretty well though...used a wrench too.

next time put some superglue on the nut after you tighten with a wrench. it will never come loose again.

• Members

I like the look of Schallers, but I don't think they're as reliable for this very reason. Dunlops are big and ugly, but I think that the mechanism is superior and safer.

The newer (talking more than 10 years old) Dunlop "dual" design Straplok has a second catch for the retainer to grab just in case the release button on the strap end is hit hard enough to partially disengage the male retainer.

I've been using Straploks (pre-Dunlop buyout of the original Straplok company) since 1977. I've never had an accidental disengage, even with the old design that had the longer female mount. I've long since converted my older guitars that had the original design Straploks to dual design parts.

I also use the Schaller strap lock, but only on my Rickenbacker 4001 bass -- which came installed with them from the factory.

The one nice thing about the Dunlop Straploks is that they work pretty damn good with straps that don't have the male Straplok mechanism installed (i.e. -- just regular ol' guitar straps with a slit in the leather end).

• Members

now i cant even find the nut for the back. if i find it i guess ill give them another go and ill crank those bitches down tight this time.

Yes...crank them on tight...I have had the same set on a strap since 1987 and they have never come loose. 2 proper sized wrenches work best.

Anderson Tech's photo says it all...

Archived