gosh darn strap locks...

zosoKing5

• Members

im plugged into my guitarport, and im looping the first solo from mr. crowley over and over to get the timing and notes right. I play standing up, and as the headstock comes up towards the sky at one point as i play the solo, the strap lock on the bottom came unscrewed, and and 11 pounds of les paul fell on my foot! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

on a side note, thank god for my foot, the guitar got away unscathed. whew...

im fed up with this thing coming loose all the {censored}ing time. has anyone found a straplock that i can throw on the damn strap and forget about? or am i going to have to make one myself?:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

Personally i'm fine without straplocks. All you really need is a good leather strap and you should be good. I've never had a guitar fall of one of the strap hooks either, but i'm not playing guitars over 10 pounds though
:idk:

it only weighs 9 but when it hits your foot whos counting:lol:

the strap is a thick 3 inch leather deal from gibson, and the front is locked into a smaller inch wide section. very solid strap.

now i cant even find the nut for the back. if i find it i guess ill give them another go and ill crank those bitches down tight this time.

• Members

For one, awesome taste in music.

Second, unless you're willing to surgically mount a strap inches into your guitar, there's possibility for failure.

my sarcasm meter is broken but if your genuine thanks! :wave: im trying to learn my favorite albums one after another, and blizzard of ozz is now up.

http://www.mattsmusic.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/frankygroup.jpg

i think ive found my solution :idea:

• Members

I dont even check my dunlops anymore. They've been perfect for 2 years.

+1 but make that 16 years for me.:thu:

I dropped my Les Paul Custom the same way:facepalm:.....gosh, I wish my big ass foot was there:mad:, I jammed the cable way up the input jack:cry: The concrete floor was not forgiving.:cop:

Is the screw stripped and pulling out of you guitar?

• Members

My bass player uses the red gromets from a Grolsch beer...works wonders for him.

http://www.brewcraftsa.com.au/showProduct/Bottles,+Flagons,+Seals,+Caps/Grolsch/50072

Puts his strap on then slaps one of these over the top.. You can order them from the link above, or the approach I'm going to take is drink the beer. =)

+1

IMG_0300_613x817.jpg

These things are so good that I've forgotten all about the Schallers and Dunlops I almost bought for my guitars. :thu:

The only drawback is, if you're used to removing the strap when you're done playing, these might be inconvenient for you. They're meant to stay on.

• Members

+2312 to grolsche rubber washer things.

image02-gipl-front-neck.jpg

1. open bottle.

2. drink beer.

3. remove rubber ring.

4. put strap on button.

5. put rubber ring over strap.

i was tossing my guitar around by the strap and the button came out of the hole long before the ring would have failed.

• Members

Not true about Dunlops not coming loose. I had a set on my Les Paul for 5 years and never had issues with them. Then, at a gig (of course) last July the top one came loose twice. They are now part of an Indiana landfill somewhere.

Luckily I caught the LP both times and didn't flub the songs too badly.

• Members

i use dimarzio clip lock strap loc things and i could throw my {censored} all around if i felt like it.

i hated um at first but now i diggum.

Mmm......Not very nice looking but they work excellent. I use them on two of my guitars for some time now and never had a problem.

I use also use old ibanez "V" shaped strap buttons on some guitars with good results. You can find them on E-bay every so often.

• Members

for the back. if i find it i guess ill give them another go and ill crank those bitches down tight this time.

Are you saying the mounting screw (not nut) has pulled out of the wood or what?

If the screw is pulling out of the wood, you may have to fill the hole that probably now has stripped-out screw threads by inserting a wood toothpick with a bit wood glue and breaking it off flush with the surface, then re-threading the hole with the screw.

Are you actually using Straploks like what's in the picture below?

248167.jpg248161.jpg

Dunlop Dual-Design Straplok System

• Members

464856_Xjpg.jpg

no, im saying the back nut came unthreaded. the design is alittle different on the schaller ones. they are built well, but this is twice now, both this week. i guess that it's human error on my part as well since i didnt lock it down tight enough after the first time. i thought i had it on there pretty well though...used a wrench too.

Archived