Who's the best human Metronome

realtree71

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow....it took like 3 posts for this thread to turn into the "name your favorite drummer" thread. Human "METRONOME" people.....(do guitarists even know what a metronome is???:poke: sorry my drummer side couldn't resist)

not really. ever see the vid of him tryin to pull off some terry bozzio {censored}? it was kinda sad.

Not to mention his VERY lackluster attempt at jazz on the Buddy Rich tribute.

Those who have mentioned Thomas Lang are the winners of this thread. He can do some very impressive things, but the guy is the most boring robotic metronome I've ever heard...

And D Carrol, if we are allowing dead guys then those are some good choices. I would add Buddy as well.

But the true master of the internal metronome...A man who knew exactly where he was at all times, weather he was keeping the beat or using the drums as a lead instrument in improvisation......was the late great

TONY WILLIAMS

• Members

Wow....it took like 3 posts for this thread to turn into the "name your favorite drummer" thread. Human "METRONOME" people.....(do guitarists even know what a metronome is???:poke: sorry my drummer side couldn't resist)

yea a Metronome is a boring mechanical thingy that assist to keep a beat Whereas a Human Metronome is a boring human thingy designed to help make the guitarist look and sound awsome by assisting in keeping a beat:poke:

• Members
yea a Metronome is a boring mechanical thingy that assist to keep a beat Whereas a Human Metronome is a boring human thingy designed to help make the guitarist look and sound awsome by assisting in keeping a beat:poke:

So basically what your saying is guitarists would sound like crap without a good drummer......Thanks...but we already new that...:thu:......right back at ya! :p

• Members

tony was amazing indeed. i remember when he died was back when i practically lived at the little drum shop in raleigh (2112 percussion - i love that place like no other) and we had a whole day of mourning.

these days though, the guy i mentioned in my first post in this thread - matt chamberlain ... dude's just incredible. he's played on SO many records. he's generally known as "the human loop." he just does so much so amazingly well. i really, really dig his playing on the fiona apple records, as it lets him cover so much ground.

he was also pearl jam's second drummer, so he can rock out when he wants to. that's him in the video for "alive."

aside from danny carey and matt cameron - chamberlain is my favorite "all around" drummer.

Archived