Who's the best human Metronome

realtree71

• Members

Clyde Stubblefield anyone?

thank you...and don't forget melvin parker; james's other drummer before clyde.

i don't understand the peart comments. (with all due respect to everyone in here AND Mr peart...he's a fine player, but he's like the "non-music-student" default best drummer in the world....he and mike portnoy from dream theatre....and for metronomic playing?...jesus..listen to all the tempo flubs in "tom sawyer") i love rock drummers..don't get me wrong, but they really can't hold a candle to some of the other guys like:

STEVE GADD

MARK GIULIANA

JOJO MAYER

TRILOK GURTU

BILLY MARTIN

JEFF PORCARO

STEVE SMITH

[someone mentioned] MATT CHAMBERLAIN

DENNIS F'KIN CHAMBERS, PEOPLE!!!!

and for me, the most sensitive and talented drumming god living here among us mere mortals: BILL STEWART.

(I'm leaving so many out still.)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

bozzio is a goddamn madman.

Damn right -- saw him play with Jeff Beck in the Guitar Shop era, both in rehearsal and at a Paris gig. He was majorly pierced with a long chain linking his nose- and nipple-rings, and every time he lashed out at a distant cymbal I'd flinch at the thought that if his stick got caught in the chain he'd tear his nipple off.

*yeeeeeeeOWch*

• Members

R. Starr and Phil Rudd.

Incidentally, Big T, watch that Dr Feelgood clippage when you get the chance. Wilko is an DEFINITIVE Telecaster player, and what he does there is MAGNIFICO.

I can't resist to post my favorite: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rViBFgjChH0

The contrast between the four psychos and the teenyboppy audience is priceless.

But if ever someone ask me what means "rock" for me, I'll just say "this, 2:45 - 3:08".

Wilko, the Norman-Bates-with-a-guitar, a class in itself :thu: .

• Members

not so much. neil's a great drummer, but nothing much separates him from any other prog drummer except for the fact that he's seen more exposure being in a band more commercially successful than your typical prog rock act.

"Choke, cough, cough, splutter........"

Nearly died inhaling my coffee there.................

Neil Peart pwns all other prog & and indeed any other drummers

He's not just a metronome.....he makes the drums into a harmony instrument!

Archived