Custom leather guitar straps?

Acid Test

• Members

I have a Levy rhinestone black guitar strap. Before you turn up your nose, go to this link and check it out. It is a class act. :thu:

http://www.musiclandcentral.com/pm11.html

Or how about the Vox Python guitar strap?

http://underbid.com/action/display/item/11957-1059288268/sku/VOXV822.html

Check this out as well.

http://www.levysleathers.com/2008%20Straps%20And%20Bags%20Catalog/Product%20Catalog.html

• Members

$300 for a strap!??!! That's a LOT of money for a piece of leather to hold up your guitar!!!!

Everyone's idea of what is expensive and what is not differ.

You should see the guitars my straps hold up.

Also, no one pays retail these days, right?

• Members

I am looking to get a real nice guitar strap for my Cranberry Les Paul.

Moody. Not real fancy as far as design is concerned (though stars are an option), but the quality of leather is unbeatable -- it really feels fantastic, strong yet buttery soft, and easy on your shoulder. Allison, the proprietor, uses the term "yummy" to describe the feel, which is not too far off. They're very well-made, too -- double-stitched, triple-layer, with high-quality leather even in the middle layer. I have one, wish I had a few more.

• Members

I got my strap custom made by a dude from Australia. Great-quality, thick leather, custom length, one-piece top with two-piece bottom. Really nice work, and it feels comfortable as hell. He worked with me really well to finalize the design, too - even builds up prototypes so you can see how well they go. Great dude. And very reasonable prices.

customstrap.jpg

His e-mail's billybassfish at hotmail dot com, but he hasn't responded to me in a while, but I think he might be busy. I know he does sell neat straps on eBay from time to time, though. Highly recommend him.

• Members

I got my strap custom made by a dude from Australia. Great-quality, thick leather, custom length, one-piece top with two-piece bottom. Really nice work, and it feels comfortable as hell. He worked with me really well to finalize the design, too - even builds up prototypes so you can see how well they go. Great dude. And
very
reasonable prices.

customstrap.jpg

His e-mail's billybassfish at hotmail dot com, but he hasn't responded to me in a while, but I think he might be busy. I know he does sell neat straps on eBay from time to time, though. Highly recommend him.

Now THAT looks sexy...just a nice simple strap with no frills at all...I dig :thu:

Now if it were me, I'd kill my own cow, tan its skin and make the strap myself...

• Members

That buy one get one free deal at Italia has me salivating. Anyone have one that can compare to Moody or others? Is it a lot better than Levy's?

I have 2 Italias and a Moody. Italias are made from the same patterns as Moody (used to be partners), but: Moody's double-stitched where Italia's single-stitched, the Italia leather isn't as nice as the Moody, and Moody's 3-ply where Italia's 2-ply (but still thicker than Moody overall). So Moody is a couple levels of quality above Italia. Less easy to afford in quantity, but for one or two special guitars it's worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey there, i make cool straps if you would like to check them out.

I use buffalo and cow hides, snake if you like it...I mix in stones like amber or agate, jasper or turquoise! I like to make them to match the guitar they will go with...

www.ruliens.com

I am really getting into this and have made some super cool designs for people all over the place...

I am thinking of taking them to some local music stores but sure would like some opinions of my stuff if you would be kind enough to let me know what you think!

Kim

Rulien's Lost Muse

custom guitar straps

'art for your guitar'

Archived