Custom leather guitar straps?

Acid Test

• Members

Couch guitar straps are vegan, so if your dead set on leather couch won't work. That small detail aside couch makes really high quality straps that are much more appealing to me than anything levy's produces. Mine showed up earlier in the week and i love it.

• Members

I am looking to get a real nice guitar strap for my Cranberry Les Paul. I have done a search and came up with a couple of places with custom straps - does anyone know of places on-line? Here is what a google search found:

Eyeland

Mosby

Action

Italia

I bought one off of ebay for $30 shipped about 9 mos. ago.Beautiful strap with sheepskin padding.Well stitched very good quality.easily a $100 strap.the sellers ebay username is beltsbucklesandmore.

• Members

Check out
, they are expensive but pretty damn cool.

Agreed, nice stuff. However: I like their "Maverick" design with hair-on cowhide and was tempted to get one at one point, but the metal buckle killed it for me. I try to keep my stuff in nice shape, and metal buckles, conchos, and anything else that's going to scratch up the guitar or the ones next to it in a multi-guitar stand is out of the question.

If they used a leather-covered buckle, I might still consider it. Or, I suppose I could pay an extra $50 for a custom model in a fixed length without a buckle, but that's putting the price into Moody territory and if I'm paying that much I'll just get another Moody.

• Members

I am looking to get a real nice guitar strap for my Cranberry Les Paul. I have done a search and came up with a couple of places with custom straps - does anyone know of places on-line? Here is what a google search found:

Eyeland

Mosby

Action

Italia

Do you have a pic pf somethign specific?

I have a couple of wide leather straps. Both are comfortable and neither was over $50.

• Members

Eyeland

Mosby

Action

Italia

I have an Eyeland Shadow and it's the best strap I've ever seen. The thing is 100% handmade of extremely high quality leather. It is very comfortable with my heavy Les Paul. It looks great and I'd highly recommend it. I think it is reasonably priced for what you get.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Eyeland

Mosby

Action

Italia

Forum Member Otaypanky makes some of the finest leather straps available. All made Old World Artisan stlyle at very resonable prices.

I own 5 of his one of a kind creations. He works close with you to get you a made to measure strap that you can ID with.

He is a great guy and cool dude too :)www.brookwoodleather.com

DSCF0012-1.jpg

DSCF0007-4.jpg

• Members

Finally, someone recommended Brookwood leather! From total custom to what he carries in stock, these are beautiful, reasonably priced, and very well made. The process of building mine involved three or four phone conversations with Bob and e-mailed photos of the various design considerations. All of this personal attention came at a price that's LESS than many off-the-shelf mass-produced straps. IMHO, there's no better choice than Brookwood. Here's a shot of mine, from his website:

DSCF0002.27123141_std.JPG

• 8 years later...
  • Members

I had been looking at a site called Etsy for some time and they seemed to have some pretty skilled leather workers, and with the dollar being were its at you can get them pretty cheap out of Canada. I purchased a "Badass custom guitar strap" from a company called beltup.ca with my name on it for under $70US.The strap its self is one heavy duty piece of leather and it seams that the more I use it the better it seems to feel, the only thing I would have done different was to pay the extra for the hand stitching (it just looks nicer) but all in all I was happy with my purchase.

401da32b0b6cde34ad10ede520aece9b.thumb.jpg.84724d08a25fe3faeb1a57d6db31d6e7.jpg

• Members

I have been looking a Brookwood guitar straps for years. I like old school 50's style straps the best.

Eldorado straps too. They come in long and shorter lengths from the site. If you order one from MF or Sweetwater they carry the med length only.

Souldier straps out Chicago.

I ordered a Jodi Head custom strap for a buddy of my and he loved it. More like a Chris Isaak strap it is, but she makes other stuff.

Rock Blocks dad custom cut my A model mandolin strap ( I think Allen, Block is passed on now). Lakota Leathers my Gibby F5 mandolin.

• 3 years later...

Archived