Greco Goldtop LP

jtr654

• Members

What do these go for $? I have a chance at getting one for a trade for one of my Fuchs ODS 100 watt Mods. It's in player condition about 75 %. Thanks PS it's 1979 ?

If it's a 79, there are three models it could be: EG800GS, EG700GG or EG500GS.

If it has P-90s, it's an EG800. If it has early deluxe style mini-hums (with norlin-correct {censored}-up rings) it's the 500. if it's got di marzio style open cream buckers, it's the 700.

Solid colours aren't really highly sought after, to be honest. 800s usually go in the 4-500$ range. I've seen the EG500 series going for $250 and lower.

• Members

A very nice P90 800 sold on yahoo auctions japan about a week ago for about 65000 to 70000 yen. Super real from 80. That's around 700 US. It has held it's value very nicely. I bid on it at about 35000 yen and it quickly broke my heart and shot up.

If it's the P90 I highly recommend it. I have the Greco SG with P90's and they are phenomenal pickups in my opinion.

But as zenbu said more info is needed. Model, condition etc...

• Members

If it doensn't say super real on it and its from 1980 I would guess its a lower end model...(not that that's bad) maybe a 500 series? They would sell as mentioned around what you quoted....35 to 45 thousand yen. If your not in japan keep in mind you'd pay shipping etc...which will add up.

I don't know what your amp is worth but I wouldn't pay more than 600 US INCLUDING shipping for anything under an 800 series. (I probably wouldn't buy anything under an 800 anyway) Plus yours has been re fretted and is in rougher shape. So really be careful.

Even the lower end grecos get a lot of props though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If it doensn't say super real on it and its from 1980 I would guess its a lower end model...(not that that's bad) maybe a 500 series? They would sell as mentioned around what you quoted....35 to 45 thousand yen. If your not in japan keep in mind you'd pay shipping etc...which will add up.

I don't know what your amp is worth but I wouldn't pay more than 600 US INCLUDING shipping for anything under an 800 series. (I probably wouldn't buy anything under an 800 anyway) Plus yours has been re fretted and is in rougher shape. So really be careful.

Even the lower end grecos get a lot of props though.

+1

You could do better with some searching

Archived