Better than the big old cardboard LP covers....

• Members

Surely someone has done this....BUT....I don't seem to know of any.....

meaning:

with the CD sold or downloaded, included multiple pages of artwork and info that displays nicely on the screen (PC, TV, iPhone, whatever). In the olden days of yesteryore, digging on the album covers was a big part of the whole musical fun-fetish experience. CDs ruined that, but nowadays, what could be easier than to provide something like this?

I don't care that much for the enhanced CD thing...too intrusive...but just some pictures/text/etc to look at leisurely.

I get album front covers all the time, but I don't think anything else....

nat whilk ii

• Members
Niggy Tardust did something like this. You pay your $5 and download the album in MP3 or FLAC. Included is a 33 page high-quality PDF with lyrics and artwork. I'm not sure that PDF is the best choice, but it is nice to have the artwork and lyrics and much better than the whole enhanced CD/"let us install our crappy software on your computer" option.

• Members

The good thing about the PDF format is that it's easy to print and almost everyone's computer has a PDF reader. It's too bad more people don't realize they don't need Adobe's bloated PDF reader but that's life, I guess. (I use FoxIt reader to view 'em and CutePDF to create them [it runs as a printer driver, so you just 'print' to it; works great; great for saving web pages and so forth, except for the links, anyhow].)

• Members

Almost every CD I download from ITunes store has the Artwork in Beautiful PDF format that you can view huge on your screen? You haven't found this to be the case?

Never have downloaded from iTunes. Don't own an iPod.

I do download from eMusic, but haven't seen anything yet but pdfs of the front cover.

The vast bulk of my collection is on CDs 'cause of the better sound quality and the relative permanence of the media. Everything gets ripped to my computer. I copy onto CDRs for taking in the car. The ripped CDs have covers only...but maybe I'm not getting everything in the rip process...I'll check out the preferences.

nat whilk ii

• Members

Almost every CD I download from ITunes store has the Artwork in Beautiful PDF format that you can view huge on your screen? You haven't found this to be the case?

Yeah, I downloaded the White Stripes' "Icky Thump" from iTunes and it came with a 12 page high-res PDF of the cover and all the liner notes.

• Members

I don't agree. IMO, Flash is an annoying gimmick that I'd rather avoid. I especially hate Flash sites that make me wait until the splash screen is done animating (with no way to bypass it) before I can tell if the content is of any interest to me.

Archived