Carvin owners...I want pics and info...

streetknight

• Members

This is how I got mine. I love it. I did change the pickups though.

2317878985_709b22f472.jpg

What are those pickups? I have seen them before and can't place them. Thought maybe they were Guitar Fetish or something from WD Music Products, but I can't find them on either site.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love my Carvin CT3. I will say, however, that don't understand why Carvin refuses to allow secondary pickup manufacturer to be offered with their guitars. My CT3 had the standard pickup set installed, and the bridge was pretty nice, but the neck was WAAAAY too muddy. I replaced with a Gibson 500T/496R set and I've been very happy.

carvin.JPG.jpg

DSCN7712.JPG.jpg

By the way, I totally agree with the comment about buying Carvin's second hand. They don't hold value so you can get them in mint condition easily $300 - 600 off the list price. I've seen tricked out CT6 models go for close to $1000 less than retail.

• Members

By the way, I totally agree with the comment about buying Carvin's second hand. They don't hold value so you can get them in mint condition easily $300 - 600 off the list price. I've seen tricked out CT6 models go for close to $1000 less than retail.

Where did you see a CT6 for that price??? I'm gassing for one as I write this!

• Members

Most of the folks in Carvin threads have seen my photos, but here they are again:

CT6, lefty, rosewood fb w/ abalone dots, tung oil necktriple step sunsetburst. I didn't order it htis way, some idiot who custome ordered it did and couldn't pay for it, so I got it for half off at the Carvin store in Hollywood. I played for an hour on a Vai amp and a V3. Cost was $768 with tax. And yes that is a one piece back.

ct6mback.jpg

carvin3.jpg

carvin2copy.jpg

This is the DC200, had from the same Carvin store for $500 BRAND NEW!!!

Active electronics, ebony fretboard with REAL MOP block inlays, and the Wilky trem. Maple with Alder wings. Love this guitar. Both are {censored}ing flawless.

dc200-3.jpg

dc200-2.jpg

dc200.jpg

• Members

The CT3M is what I had my eye on. How do you like it? Which pups are in it and what does it sound like?

I love the CT3M.It's probably my favorite guitar.

It has the standard C22B/C22j's pups.

If you order one with covered pups the route should be large enough for any replacement pups.

It's all mahogany,and I has a warm rich sound to it.

I think it's a very versatile guitar.

I have no problem getting good tones for rock/jazz/blues...

• Members

I just recently got back into the Carvin family with this:

cm140_01.jpg

(More pics HERE.)

A beautiful 80-ish CM140CE. Not perfect, but easily a 9 out of 10. I ordered a new Carvin a few years back - completely tricked out - but ended up having to sell it because their newer necks are too wide for me. But the CM140 is purrrrrrfect for my smaller hands. I'd still like to have one of the DC150s from that same period. The only way this CM140 is going to leave my possession is if somebody foolishly offered a quilted DC160 in the same condition on an even-up trade. That's how much I love this guitar.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I'm definitely a big fan of my '93 all koa DC127T, it started by obsession with koa. :love: Bought it brand new back then, around $800. It's funny, back then I didn't want the tweed case 'cause I was a young metalhead and thought it was kind of old fogeyish, so I wanted the standard black high impact plastic. :rolleyes: Ahh the foolishness of youth. I eventually bought the tweed case and sold the plastic, the koa looks awesome in that tweed case!

Picture006.jpg

I eventually put Duncans in it, but the stock bridge pup (M22SD) was very good actually. I never could find a really good Carvin neck pickup for this guitar, which is the real reason I changed to Duncans anyway. Had the neck M22V or C22B that I tried been better, I would have stuck with the Carvin pups. I'm sure the latest C22J is a nice step forward, but that came long after my swap. Other than that, I'd like a wider Charvel style fretboard and a thicker body, but still, the Carvin is great! I play it the most of any of my guitars. It can be a bit finnicky in changing humidity (then again so can any guitar) and I have to watch the setup closely, but when it's setup with fresh strings, it's ON! My favorite crunch rhythm guitar and up there for leads also. :thu:

One of Carvin's problems is that the nearly endless options lets more than a few people choose their way to very ugly guitars. :freak: But they make some very beautiful ones also.

Archived