Firefox 3

Magpel

• Members

I'm still using 2 and they are still issuing updates? Wtf?

Can I get old factory black, and all my favorite plugs for 3? (I'm too lazy to look.)

I love Old Factory but I finally switched skins to the rather bland but reasonably elegant Gradient Sepia theme. No animated silvery toggle switches though... ;) Old Factory is cool but after a while it gets... well... old. :D

I still haven't switched to FF3 yet... I'm in no rush though I feel like I probably ought to break down and put it on the lappy if nothing else. But I depend on FireFTP (for what it sounds like) and a bunch of debugging and DOM-analysis and code view tools, not to mention the FireShot screenshot utility and I just don't want to upset my precarious apple cart.

I had to recently change cameras and go through some codec crap for the video and then I had to switch subscription streaming services so, really, I just want a wee bit of stability for a while...

• Members

I just upgraded and the only thing I was using FF2 for was Windows Live Hotmail because it doesn't work with Safari. I was using Safari for everything else because it just doesn't hurt my eyes as much.

But I just got FF3 and Windows Live doesn't work. It looks great for everything else. I might even use it over Safari since it's less ugly. But why does the one thing I need it to work for not work? Looks like I'm gonna go back to FF2 until they get that resolved.

• Members

I love Old Factory but I finally switched skins to the rather bland but reasonably elegant Gradient Sepia theme. No animated silvery toggle switches though...
;)
Old Factory is cool but after a while it gets... well...
old.
:D

I still haven't switched to FF3 yet... I'm in no rush though I feel like I probably ought to break down and put it on the lappy if nothing else. But I depend on FireFTP (for what it sounds like) and a bunch of debugging and DOM-analysis and code view tools, not to mention the FireShot screenshot utility and I just don't want to upset my precarious apple cart.

I had to recently change cameras and go through some codec crap for the video and then I had to switch subscription streaming services so, really, I just want a wee bit of stability for a while...

Once you turned me on to Old Factory, I never switched it. Cool never gets old.

FireFTP is already compatible with 3. Not sure about the other one, I could check. But, like mentioned FF3 hauls ass compared to 2! In a seriously noticeable way.

Do be warned, it installs over 2 in the process, which seriously annoyed the shit out of me.

All my bookmarks, plug-ins (it checks compatibility), themes, and everything transferred seamlessly, though. Very smooth transition.

I think if you upgrade, you'll be glad you did. I mean faster like you got a new processor faster. It's that much faster.

• Moderators

You guys do so much more with your browser than me... that's for sure. I have my Bookmarks in Firefox. My home page is Google... I'm good. But the idea that Firefox 3 would be faster? I'm in! And it is. Wow. Pages load, site arrive quicker. I'm liking it.

Yeah, why are they still updating 2 like that. Oh well, 3 it is.

Archived