OT: Your Music-themed Tattoos here!

HaloJem

• Members

right arm's pretty much done:

Photo%2014.jpg

Photo%2015.jpg

Photo%2016.jpg

left's in progress - this one's been a mother{censored}er for my tattooer cuz i had a buncha old {censored}ty ones he's either covering or redoing:

Photo%2017.jpg

Photo%2018.jpg

most recent work was the outline here that's gonna cover the sillyass old eye of horus i got when i was 19:

Photo%2019.jpg

and i reckon i'll have him finish this one day:

Photo%2020.jpg

• Members

yeah, asshole -that's it. Because at almost 40 - I'm around soo many of them to worship at my feet...

haha

nice to meet ya

damn I look pretty unhealthy and MeatLoafish in that pic :facepalm:

I like these better

2750205769_c1dcc1306a_o-1.jpg

PICT0304.jpg

2750206305_72e750af22_o-1.jpg

:thu:

• Members

i'm doing my whole left arm as a dedication to the white trash working man. this was done a a few years back back home in texas but, in the second pic you can see my inner forearm where my buck owens tribute resides. if i could find someone out here in L.A. who was crazy enough i'd finish the arm. guess i'll get back home one day. right arm, back and side of my head are done though:

leftback.jpg

leftfront.jpg

• Members

So here's a slightly on-topic question.

My first tattoo was just a straightup anchor. Big one on my leg and actually just completely shaded black. Lots of personal significance and I still love it. In fact, I want to add to it, but I live about two hours from where the original guy tattooed it, and I'm not planning on going back there. Also, I'd actually rather not have him add to it; a bit too shaky of a hand for my liking. Will I be able to find an artist who will add to somebody else's work, or are most of them hesitant to do that? It's not like I've got this crazy piece of art on me that they'd be altering, just something very plain that I'd love to add some more personal significance to. As a relative tattoo noob, I'm just looking for the experiences of you more inked gentlemen.

• Members

depends on the artist if he (she) is well respected then some guys won't touch it. then again some guys will. but, in the end if you explain to the artist why you don't want him touching it again then there should be no problem. in chicago there should be some great artists, like guy aitchison for example.

• Members

^^^ That's some awesome work man. Don't know if you're familiar with the grafiti (turned quasi-mainstream) artist Shepard Fariey but this is a newish piece of his that references the Woody Guthrie quotation (and is badass - I saw it in person at the gallery that sells his work here in NYC):

this-machine.jpg

• Members

^^^ That's some awesome work man. Don't know if you're familiar with the grafiti (turned quasi-mainstream) artist Shepard Fariey but this is a newish piece of his that references the Woody Guthrie quotation (and is badass - I saw it in person at the gallery that sells his work here in NYC):

this-machine.jpg

Hey, thanks for letting me know about this work. With the second Great Depression looming, I expect a resurgence for Woody!

Music has more power to change minds than political argument. Woody understood this.

Archived