Synyster Gates vs John Frusciante

FloridaSeagull

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My God I want to cockpunch Syn for no other reason than that stupid name! All of his {censored}ty playing and eye-scorchingly ugly guitar aside.

I am an A7X fan, but I have to admit their stage names are odd.

I dont know how they came up with "M. Shadows", or "Zacky Vengance", and of course "Synyster Gates" is without a doubt random.

IMO they may be better off with their birth names.

• Members
I voted to Synyster Gates, also.

How? That guy sucks, he's not even in the same ballpark, he's not even in the same game!? He's not even upper echelon wanker shred like Petrucci or Satch? JF owns that guy, besides Gates just looks like a total douche up there masterbating in front of the crowd!! Yep the only one pleasured by that display was himself! Gates sucks gorilla sacks! I don't think there's really anyone to compare JF to but even vs. Dave Navarro would make more sense to me. (JF still owns however :p )

• Members

Easy answer to that...JF all the way. Anyone can learn to shred with enough woodsheddin', but you have to have soul to make the guitar sing with fewer notes and choice chording. In addition as the only guitarist in a band, your skill have to be far superior to those of the two guitar variety.

• Members

Synester Gates easily wins this. It's not even close. He's on an entirely different level compared to Frusciante. Synester Gates vs. John Frusciante is like comparing a college grad to a high-school dropout. Synester G is the guitarist that Frusciante can only dream of becoming.

Synester FTW!!!!!

• Members

Synester Gates easily wins this. It's not even close. He's on an entirely different level compared to Frusciante. Synester Gates vs. John Frusciante is like comparing a college grad to a high-school dropout. Synester G is the guitarist that Frusciante can only dream of becoming.

Synester FTW!!!!!

PLEASE tell me that's sarcasm...

• Members

After giving a listen to the Synyster Gates clip, all I could think was "it sounds like a song where a man breaks into your house and rapes you."

And I don't mean that in a good way.

I can't even vote in this poll. Sorry.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Spanishfly, thx for that old clip. Mother's Milk was on heavy rotation when it came out during my junior year of high school. I had been playing a year back then, and Frusciante blew me away.

As sad as it was to see John go through his decline in the early 90s, it was even better to see him return to life and playing. I've never heard anyone channel Hendrix like he can (yeah, I think he does it better than Robin Trower) these days.

But guitar playing (and artistic talent) is not a contest. The point I'm trying to make is no one should ever name their child Synyster Gates, because the poor kid will never get a birthday cake from Shop-Rite.

• Members
How? That guy sucks, he's not even in the same ballpark, he's not even in the same game!? He's not even upper echelon wanker shred like Petrucci or Satch? JF owns that guy, besides Gates just looks like a total douche up there masterbating in front of the crowd!! Yep the only one pleasured by that display was himself! Gates sucks gorilla sacks! I don't think there's really anyone to compare JF to but even vs. Dave Navarro would make more sense to me. (JF still owns however
:p
)

*cough, cough* Hillel *cough* Slovak *cough*

;)

Archived