Whats the consensus on the Ibanez RG470 and RG570?

MattACaster

• Members

That's an RG5EX1, and it's a cool guitar.. I owned one for a few days, but I couldn't stand the matte finish.. Mine also had a popping sound in the nut, so I took it back. Felt great though, I'd own one again if they'd buff that damn body out.. Rather have the RGT42DX at the same price though.. The RG370DX is pretty cool too, for $50 less..

• Members

That's an RG5EX1, and it's a cool guitar.. I owned one for a few days, but I couldn't stand the matte finish.. Mine also had a popping sound in the nut, so I took it back. Felt great though, I'd own one again if they'd buff that damn body out.. Rather have the RGT42DX at the same price though.. The RG370DX is pretty cool too, for $50 less..

Good point. I dig the reverse headstock but the more I look at the RGT42DX the more I like it....

• Members

Differences that I see:

RG5EX1 - rev head, HSH pups, bolt on neck, matte finish

RGT42DX - reg head, HH pups, neck thru, gloss finish, matching head

Same trem on both, same inlays, same frets, same neck profile.. They must be blowing the RGT42DX's out, cuz they were $700 when I bought my RG5EX1 around Christmas..

• Members

Differences that I see:

RG5EX1 - rev head, HSH pups, bolt on neck, matte finish

RGT42DX - reg head, HH pups, neck thru, gloss finish, matching head

Same trem on both, same inlays, same frets, same neck profile.. They must be blowing the RGT42DX's out, cuz they were $700 when I bought my RG5EX1 around Christmas..

I think the 42DX has a matt finish...mine is matt black, and I've seen a matt blue.And they are mahogany (are not most RGs basswood...I know fuck all about Ibanez)

:thu:

• Members

funny, I sold mine for $500... sold the other one I had for $600.... both in great shape.....

great guitar, build quality was up there with anything I currently own.... great neck, awesome bridge....

I believe only a few of the 470's were MIJ, the rest were MIK and not near as good..... either way, I dont know what youre getting for $199..... the only thing I've seen MIJ RG wise for $200 was completely beaten to {censored}, damaged neck joint, and worn down floyd.....

Archived