HAPPY NGD!!!!!

Ironhandjohn

• Members

Today I bought my 1st new guitar in a looooooong time. I found an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. with the single P-90, in cherry finish, in the local craigslist. It plays nice, was set up well, and alternately twangs or roars, depending on volume. It sounds absolutely HUGE thru my X-100B....

I think this guitar will go with me in my 18-wheeler when I find a smaller amp.

$75...

How'd I do??

• Members

You know the rules.

I haven't bought a new guitar in such a long time I forgot the rules....

So without further ado.......

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

One of my old 70's RI Strat...... Yeah, I know about the little pink guitar!! I'm re-stringing it for a friend's daughter...

DSC00020.jpg

I believe somebody owes me some boobies.................:thu:

• Members

Congrats!

(o)(o)

I think $75 is about right for the bolt-on version. I'd buy one for that. Can you tell if it's solid wood? Any idea which wood?

How can I tell what it's made of? I'm still not sure if my old Strat is ash or alder, and I've owned it for 5+ years. Wood's wood, right?

• Members

SCORE!

They had on at my local GC that was one time part of a pack (cord, amp, guitar). It was pretty beat up as it had been around a while. I could not talk them down any farther than $139.00. It sat there for months and months.

Like I said about yours...SCORE!

Surfy

• Members

Congrats IronHandJohn!

Just curious, what is the pickup height from strings? (I've got one and just curious what yours is...)

Thanks

Eye-balling it with a ruler I measure 3/16" from the body of the p/u to the fat E string, 1/8" to the skinny E..

The crap tuners everyone warned me about on my new axe aren't even that bad! They're not Grovers, but the little guitar holds tune MUCH better than the Stagg PRS-clone I gave to a nephew a few months ago.

So far I love this thing! Roll the volume back, load up the reverb, and I can get a rockabilly twang going. Click over to the gain channel, roll the volume on, and stand back.......:rawk:

Archived