Sheena has left the building....

Funderbunk

Not the Lola that still sells in some places for $360!

# First Act "Lola" CE140 Electric Guitar in Cabernet Red

# Features Beveled Single Cutaway Mahogany Body

# Mahogany Set Neck with Indonesian Rosewood Fingerboard

# Two Alnico V Magnet Vintage-Style Humbucking Pickups

# Chrome-Dome Volume and Tone Knobs

This First Act "Lola" CE140 Electric Guitar in cabernet red features sweet lines with a big rock bite! It has a beveled single cutaway body shape designed in First Act's Studio for Artists, featuring solid balance and great high fret access. The beautiful solid mahogany body creates rich warm sound, and the mahogany set neck features an Indonesian rosewood fingerboard with pearloid I-line inlays and graphite nut. This Guitar also features two Alnico V magnet vintage-style humbucking pickups with crisp clean sound and warm distortion. The headstock is tilted 3 + 3 to maximize sustain and has chrome diecast tuning machines for accurate tuning. The strings through the body feature the proprietary First Act String Retainer system with a low profile bridge for maximum sustain and tonal reproduction. This Electric Guitar also features chrome-dome volume and tone knobs with 3-way toggle, for quick and easy access to sound tweaks.

CE14005.jpg

• Members
Huh..... does look like it's at an angle...

Gonna have to take another look at it...... tonight...

YES, it is at an angle (if it's anything like my Sheena) and for good reason.

1. It increases the effective intonation travel, since the bridge is tilted, you aren't pushed to the rear of the saddle space to intonate the 6th string, like on some other guits I have.

2. Since the intonation screws are hex sockets, it makes it much easier to adjust them! Oh and the fact that they are socket hex heads means that you don't have to worry so much about a screwdriver slipping out of the slot and doing dingage like on most TOMs (don't ask me how I know this can happen :mad:).

YES, it is at an angle (if it's anything like my Sheena) and for good reason.

1. It increases the effective intonation travel, since the bridge is tilted, you aren't pushed to the rear of the saddle space to intonate the 6th string, like on some other guits I have.

2. Since the intonation screws are hex sockets, it makes it much easier to adjust them! Oh and the fact that they are socket hex heads means that you don't have to worry so much about a screwdriver slipping out of the slot and doing dingage like on most TOMs (don't ask me how I know this can happen
:mad:
).

That's good to know because she sure played in tune all the way up and down the fretboard last night!!:thu:

• Members

Well, Sheena #3 did indeed show up today, which I wasn't exactly expecting as I wasn't even able to track it on UPS using the reference number trick. Just as nice as the others, possibly a somewhat nicer grain on the flame. Still no MOP binding, though.

Of the two orders, if one had to get cancelled, I would rather have gotten the open box red Sheena from J&R, but I think I can live with another blue. :thu: If they weren't so stupid pricey, I would snap at one of the red ones on Amazon, but there you go...

• Members
That's good to know because she sure played in tune all the way up and down the fretboard last night!!
:thu:

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that it's a GOOD thing that the bridge tilt maximizes the useful intonation travel because the intonation screws are ALSO off-center in the saddles, making it even easier to get the wrench on there, BUT THAT means that you can NOT reverse saddles.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that it's a GOOD thing that the bridge tilt maximizes the useful intonation travel because the intonation screws are ALSO off-center in the saddles, making it even easier to get the wrench on there, BUT THAT means that you can NOT reverse saddles.

Ain't broke.... ain't fixing it! :D

• Members

So my black Sheena arrived today! WOOHOO!

But....

It was blue! Ugggh! So I call J&R and ask them whats up. They tell me that it's a listing error on buy.com, the black ones are long gone, look at the SKU#'s and they are the same. {censored}SAUCE! Well, they gave me $15 off. Which is neat-o and all, but I still feel a bit dissapointed. :mad:

sheena.png

• Members

That kinda sux as you could have got one of those for $99 from First Act instead of $119 from J&R.

I had a buddy order a black one yesterday. He's going to be pretty pissed...

Actually, if you add in the shipping and tax to the First Act price, mine have come out to around $113 - J&R offers free shipping, so with the $15 off, it's actually a tiny bit cheaper.

Kinda sucks to get blue when you're expecting black, but it's still quite a nice bit of gear...

• Members

On a weird note, my electronics seemed to have died already having the Sheena for 2 weeks or so. What sucks even worse is that full size pots are going to have a hell of a time fitting since the cavity is rather small in there. Did anyone else's electronics seem to go out on them pretty quickly as well?

• Members

I paid $119 from buy.com link, which was through J&R. It's a real decent guitar for that price. Had it been the black one as advertised I would be amazed with thing, but since it's not what I ordered there is some love lost for the guitar. The blue just looks kind of...mehhh. :rolleyes:

I just found the inspection sheet in the box. First inspector gave a 9, another inspector went over it and gave it a 12. I don't see even the slightest blem on it anywhere.

Archived