the good ol' days

onyxrhino

• Members

Anyone here remember the old HCFX? Crxsh was loving his Mayo and making NPD and OT threads like mad, Melx's avatar was filling our minds with stripey socked euphoria, Jbrazz had the coolest rig ever, and pbone was still around, skirting the fine line of corksniffery and challenging conventional notions of metrosexuality? Ah, three months ago! What the hell has happened to this place?

Any old timers, like me, still around? Is there anything else you miss from the old HCFX, circa May 2008?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't seen pbone post in a while. Echodeluxe, too. And Jbrazz seems to have dropped off the radar, but I mostly only remember him for having a {censored}ing creepy avatar.

I miss...uh...damn. I honestly can't remember. But this forum's been fun for the six months or so I've been here.

• Members

Is there anything else you miss from the old HCFX, circa May 2008?

:facepalm: Personally, I'm ready for more than a new chapter at HCFX, I'm ready for a whole new book. I've only been here for a year now, and the threads are either redundant X 10 or full of little bitch squabbles. My posts are becoming fewer and fewer.

I want to hear more fx demos of vintage fx... period. Cheers to those who are doing that.

• Members

Anyone here remember the old HCFX? Crxsh was loving his Mayo and making NPD and OT threads like mad, Melx's avatar was filling our minds with stripey socked euphoria, Jbrazz had the coolest rig ever, and pbone was still around, skirting the fine line of corksniffery and challenging conventional notions of metrosexuality? Ah, three months ago! What the hell has happened to this place?

Any old timers, like me, still around? Is there anything else you miss from the old HCFX, circa May 2008?

FMM5ktjQFlE

• Members

I remember the real good ole days here.

• Members

:facepalm:
Personally, I'm ready for more than a new chapter at HCFX, I'm ready for a whole new book. I've only been here for a year now, and the threads are either redundant X 10 or full of little bitch squabbles. My posts are becoming fewer and fewer.

I want to hear more fx demos of vintage fx... period. Cheers to those who are doing that.

More gear demos would be nice, especially of vintage effects, we're in complete agreement on that. But I don't think this forum is really in bad shape. There are always going to be threads that are redundant or petty or just plain silly. Everyone has the internet, but not everyone has something to say. That said, most people here are likeable and most have a more genuine interest in music than other effects forums (you know to what I refer). If you want to change things you can always do something about it. Maybe we should have a contest or something to get more gear demos up on the site? I have a few cheap pedals lying around that I could donate for incentive.

I generally like HCFX and I'm just :poke: a bit at the threads that crop up here month to month, lamenting the actual "good old days".

• Members

I've put out 9 or 10 demo vids in the last month. Doesn't feel like that many, but that's what YouTube says.
:cool:

yeah, and your gear demos are good quality too. god help me, I never thought I'd say this, but we all need to be more like Crxsh!

Archived