Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson hit an all fail high - Gibson Hendrix Strat

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the headline for those pics says "Live From the Production Line at Gibson USA". They are just being marketed with the Hendrix brand name.

Gibson should make a substantial donation to the James Marshall Hendrix Foundation - Music for Life Program. That would go a small way to help make up for the insult of these monstrosities.
    HCAF Kylie Minogue Brotherhood

Comment

• Yeah, the headline for those pics says "Live From the Production Line at Gibson USA". They are just being marketed with the Hendrix brand name.

Gibson should make a substantial donation to the James Marshall Hendrix Foundation - Music for Life Program. That would go a small way to help make up for the insult of these monstrosities.

Damn, I was hoping that was just the title of their blog.

I'm still having a hard time believing that Gibson will sell a US made Gibson guitar for $500. I mean they have the Melody Maker... crap.

Comment

• Damn, I was hoping that was just the title of their blog.

I'm still having a hard time believing that Gibson will sell a US made Gibson guitar for $500. I mean they have the Melody Maker... crap.

Yeah, I agree that seems a bit strange. Those necks look like they could have been imported so maybe they're just finishing them at the Gibson USA production line. Or maybe the the Gibson USA production line is actually in China?
        HCAF Kylie Minogue Brotherhood

Comment

• they reversed the bridge pickup too.

That actually makes sense to me. The direction of the slant of the bridge pickup in the strat has always been a design flaw to me.
          http://www.last.fm/user/pinkfreudHC

Comment

• People all over are downright pissed off:

http://www.gear-vault.com/gibson-hendrix-strat-people-are-pissed/

I share their feelings. As you can see... my Gear-Vault post is a bit harsh towards Gibson.

Comment

• epic ****************ing fail.
              Originally Posted by thenakedarab

The Bible paper helps to bring the extra brootz, 5000 yrs of killing, incest, and societal manipulation can't be beat. You can almost hear the dying screams of thousands of Philistines with every pinch harmonic.

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Custom Silverburst
              Fender Custom Shop '60 Strat
              Fender USA Standard Tele
              Fender '66 Dual Showman
              Fender '67 Bandmaster
              1983 Marshall JCM800 2203

Comment

• I heard the Gear Vault is run by Guitar Center

either way, the site sucks ball sack. I feel bad for the kid that made it, because he needs some safety crayons.

Comment

• I have a novel idea. Why not judge the guitar on it's own merits instead of saying it smells of dirty p#ssy before even playing the damn thing? I don't want one, but I'm not gonna cry about Honda building a clone of a Harley either. If you say this isn't the same thing you're f**ked in the haid!
                  There can never be a perfect plan. What's perfect for one human bean ain't perfect for the next one. Cuz he's a lentil.

Comment

• I have a novel idea. Why not judge the guitar on it's own merits instead of saying it smells of dirty p#ssy before even playing the damn thing? I don't want one, but I'm not gonna cry about Honda building a clone of a Harley either. If you say this isn't the same thing you're f**ked in the haid!

Honda didn't just finish suing Harley over Harley making Honda look-a-likes.

Comment

That's a valid point. However, I also understand the people who are upset over Gibson (and Authentic Hendrix LLC) creating something on Jimi's behalf -- that would probably never exist if Jimi had say in it. And trying to come off as "Authentic" to bank on a legacy.

I am still scratching my head as to why Authentic Hendrix LLC didn't team up with Fender? I think there'd be less outrage if it was a Fender...

That said, you are correct about the Honda, Harley comparison.

Comment

• DON'T KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT!

weebz wrote:God appeared to me in a dream and said "Thou shalt post on Guitar Jam"

Comment

• They're knocking the concept brilliant one.
                          The concept is ****************ed.

Comment

• They're knocking the concept brilliant one.
                            The concept is ****************ed.

Indeed I am a brilliant one.

Maybe the wasn't enough, so let me help:

My previous post was a breed of humor commonly referred to as sarcasm.
                            weebz wrote:God appeared to me in a dream and said "Thou shalt post on Guitar Jam"

Comment

• http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Gibson_Unveils_Strat_Style_Jimi_Hendrix_Signature_ Line.aspx

comments everywhere.

I wonder if Gibson actually realizes how dumb this is.
                              I do not accept any liability for anything said in the above post.

For your reference, what I'm mostly using right now:
                              Laney VH100R
                              Titan "Cerberus" (sorta)
                              Mesa 4x12, homegrown 6x12 (v30/g12h30)

My Band: Jesust

Comment

• I'm all for "bring your kid to work day," but Gibson really needs to stop letting them design guitars.

Look at some of the recent guitars Gibson has put out:

Now, with these, the natural finish are okay. It was a decent attempt, but it went way too far:

there might be a few people that may like this one, but it's still pretty

Why does Gibson constantly object to making a great, well priced guitar?

Will people PLEASE stop buying these things new?? This has to stop.
                                I do not accept any liability for anything said in the above post.

For your reference, what I'm mostly using right now:
                                Laney VH100R
                                Titan "Cerberus" (sorta)
                                Mesa 4x12, homegrown 6x12 (v30/g12h30)

My Band: Jesust

Comment

Working...
                                X