Gibson hit an all fail high - Gibson Hendrix Strat

DVaz

• Members

I want one of the guitars and a Bugera.

I'd tour that rig.

Then if (when) the Bugera ends up smoking I'd light up the guitar and smash it through the Bugera and then take both with me to the top of a tall building and jump off with the rig and create a new legacy -- the unknown guitarist with the Bugera'd Gibson Jimi Sig Strat. :o

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I want one of the guitars and a Bugera.

I'd tour that rig.

Then when if (when) the Bugera ends up smoking I'd light up the guitar and smash it through the Bugera and then take both with me to the top of a tall building and jump off with the rig and create a new legacy -- the unknown guitarist with the Bugera'd Gibson Jimi Sig Strat.
:o

:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

this is getting extremely bad press everywhere, im sure Gibson have noticed by now .there certainly hellbent in destroying the Gibson name this indeed is a very very poor decision that they cannot afford to keep making .

clearly the new market executives are going for the greenbacks and leaving the quality at the back door every since there relocation move in europe here .

• Members

I don't really understand why anyone should even care. Aside their trademarks, both Gibson and Fender have nothing in common with the corporate entities they were in the times when Jimi Hendrix was still alive. Fender - I believe - no longer owns none of its original factories, and Gibson is pretty much in the same state. The staff of both companies is completely different from Jimi's days as well. Also, nowaydays the name Jimi Hendrix is as well just a trademark amongst others so if they want to sell Jimi Hendrix toilet paper or any other {censored} I don't really care. If they want to charge ludicrous sums of money for it because it sports some regognised trademark I will just laugh my ass off to guys who are stupid enough to buy that stuff. It's not like I would be loosing something when they make fools out of themselves.

• Members
Seems like Gibson has pulled anything to do with this venture from their website and erased all the blogs - they still have a tribute piano (
:facepalm:
) for $168k

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Pianos/Grand/Baldwin-Custom/Jimi-Hendrix.aspx

OTOH, someone has come up with a great contender to sell beside the JIMI at Wally World;

Fender-Les-Paul2.jpg

THAT is something along the lines of what I was expecting when I read this thread :lol:

• Members

...Or more likely, he smashed one Fender guitar too many.
:evil:

By the way, why didn't anyone get butthurt of this:

01.jpg
As far as I know, there were no PCs, software modelling and stuff when Jimi Hendrix lived either.

That software, is specifically made so that admirers of Jimis Toanez, can get the closest representation possible,

This {censored}ty guitar is specifically made, so that moneyhungry n00b{censored}s can make money from Jimis name alone, regardless of the authenticity of the product they are selling.

• Members
Seems like Gibson has pulled anything to do with this venture from their website and erased all the blogs - they still have a tribute piano (
) for $168k

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Pianos/Grand/Baldwin-Custom/Jimi-Hendrix.aspx

Maybe with all the bad press they realized it was a bad plan and scrapped it. IMO that would be their best option right now and it looks as though it may be the case since everything about the guitar on any Gibson site is now GONE like you posted.

Gibson doing Hendrix models is ok IMO but they need to be high end and actually be models of the Gibsons Jimi used.

The piano is silly but it's not a Fender style guitar made by Gibson.

• Members
That software, is specifically made so that moneyhungry n00b{censored}s can make money from Jimis name alone, regardless of the authenticity of the product they are selling.

This {censored}ty guitar is specifically made, so that moneyhungry n00b{censored}s can make money from Jimis name alone, regardless of the authenticity of the product they are selling.

...Like countless other items, such as this stupid bag:
Jimi%20Hendrix%20mailbag.jpg
You people are quite selective about things you get butthurt off. At least the guitar is an instrument, not a towel, mug, t-shirt, vodka, etc. also sold with Jimi's name. :facepalm:

• Members

...Like countless other items, such as this stupid bag:

Jimi%20Hendrix%20mailbag.jpg
You people are quite selective about things you get butthurt off. At least the guitar is an instrument, not a towel, mug, t-shirt, vodka, etc. also sold with Jimi's name.

Those things are {censored}ty by default. There's no uproar because it's {censored}ty and everyone knows it's {censored}ty.

We are a music/instrument based forum (guitar, just incase you didn't realise :poek), so something instrument based is gonna make us take notice and provide more discussion.

TBH, selling merchandise isn't something new, however, taking whatever the {censored} kinda guitar you feel like, putting his name on it and calling it the "jimi hendrix experience" just takes the {censored}ing cake for a group of people who hold jimi, music and guitar in general to a high regard.

What's the matter with you anyway? You wouldn't happen to be part of the family/gibson company would you?

• 1 month later...

Archived