Gibson hit an all fail high - Gibson Hendrix Strat

DVaz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-StratOSonic-DV-II?sku=511259

They were apparently a smashing failure.

Perhaps because they're hideous?

And the timing was all wrong - they needed to wait till now, with Gibson {censored}ting its own pants with senile dementia.

Make it look like a strat, with a strat scratch plate, strat hardtail, no gay names for it, or its hardware, just call it a stratocaster and make it from mahogany and with a set neck. That would sell like condoms in a brothel :thu:

• Members

These aren't Gibson guitars.

THey're probably going to be sold at Wal Mart type places along with the n00b level First Act guitars. Gibson one upped First Act by giving it, it's own brand. i.e. THe Experience or whatever the {censored} was written on top of the action figure type box it comes in. First Act on the other hand just tarnished the {censored} out of their name, by producing all the cheap junk. They actually have a bad ass custom shop, that makes some killer guitars under the same "First Act" brand. Hell, EVH is just another Fender brand.

Now, if this were a USA Gibson "Strat" with Gibson across the headstock... that would be {censored}ed up. Especially if it were $$$$$

• Members
These aren't Gibson guitars.

THey're probably going to be sold at Wal Mart type places along with the n00b level First Act guitars. Gibson one upped First Act by giving it, it's own brand. i.e. THe Experience or whatever the {censored} was written on top of the action figure type box it comes in. First Act on the other hand just tarnished the {censored} out of their name, by producing all the cheap junk. They actually have a bad ass custom shop, that makes some killer guitars under the same "First Act" brand. Hell, EVH is just another Fender brand.

Now, if this were a USA Gibson "Strat" with Gibson across the headstock... that would be {censored}ed up. Especially if it were $$$$$

• Members

As a huge Hendrix fan, I'm in disbelief at this horror.

What kid is going to want this? I was a baby when Hendrix died. What kid these days is going to be excited about a Hendrix guitar, especially when Fender already has several?

This is so stupid that it is actually embarrassing. I don't know who is crazier, the sister for trying this or Gibson for falling for it.

• Members
Now, what fender need to do isnt copy any gibson shape, its make a strat thats set neck, mahogany body and neck, optional maple top, fixed bridge, 24.75 scale option, and put something out that gives people that are disgusted with gibson a fender gibson in all but shape, and gibson can finally die.

showmaster is close? :idk:

• Members
it sounds like they're going to be "affordable" guitars for the starting player. if that's the case then i don't mind much. If they try to market these as more expensive signature guitars then they fail.

yup. I think that's what they're aiming at... getting kids into music. When I first started playing back in middle school (ironically enough) I started on my uncle's left handed ibanez roadstar strat, strung it upside down and since i didn't have an amp, had to hold the headstock up against the drywall to sort of amplify the sound.

I would have killed for a full setup like this back then. :cry:

even if the quality isn't so good, at that point in my life as a musician, I wouldn't have known any better... .except that it would have been more than I had at the time.

• Members

So I said in other threads, The Gibson PRS loss-suit opened up a huge {censored}ing can of worms. In 5 years, we won't know what design is original or cloned. Gibson can make Strats, Fender will make Les Paul knock off's. Just wait!!

Guitar DNA has been broken and evil has reigned :lol:

Since it's a cheap guitar, I don't think the vast Hendrix community will be so concerned. The Behringer knock off has USB :lol:

Archived