God bless the Philadelphia Phillies!

E-money

• Members

There it is. Phils turned out to be a better balanced team than people thought, getting much better starting pitching in the posteseason than expected and getting exactly the kind of "little guy production" (Victorino, Feliz, Ruiz, etc.) that always seems to typify WS champions.

Weird World Series to be sure, but the better team won.

I was rooting--very mildly--for TB and I'd still like to interview some umpires about some surprising calls and a mutable strike zone...

But congrats to the Phillies and their fans. Let's all go flip and burn some cars.

• Members

Congrats to the Phils. I think I am going to order a Phillies hat to give them the nod. Way to go. I remember the series in 80!! Two of my favorite comments come from Tug..... "I haven't been this happy since Moby Dick was a guppy" and "I spent 90% of my money on Irish Whiskey, women and good times.....and wasted the rest." I am pretty darn happy for Philly sports fans (hmmm, does that include anyone I know?)

I think it is time for the Eagles now!!

ps Going to watch the Eagles vs Seahawks this weekend in Seattle... E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

• Members

Congrats Phillies.

I'm a Philly boy, grew up in and around Philly. Remember 1980 World Series like it was yesterday.

I'm really happy to see the Phils as World Champions, good stuff...

I knew there was a reason you were cool. :cool:

Jamie Moyer was apparently born in the same hospital as I was.

• Members

I knew there was a reason you were cool.
:cool:

Jamie Moyer was apparently born in the same hospital as I was.

Wait...are you saying I'm NOT cool. Heck, I was born in Philly, remember the World Series, the loss to the Raiders, all the bad Sixers losses (Remember Dr. Js, "We owe you one!?")........ just cause I live in Oregon...come on... I BLEED Eagles green (and am going to see them whop the Seahawks this weekend!!)

ps Even the Broad Street Bullies.... Leach-Clark-Barber line.... Tastycakes....Cheesesteaks....Schlitz, Schmidts, Rolling Rock... the Great NE...... Roosevelt Blvd. etc. etc. one of my first concerts a dance concert at the Spectrum... Mathew's Southern Comfort, Deep Purple and Rod Stewart with Faces for $10......

Wm Tennant HS, Ursinus College...... Bucks County, Montgomery County... heck, I got em alllllll,

(not sure I am cool, but I am DEFINITELY a long suffering Philly Sports fan..... Go E-A-G-L-E-S!)

• Members

Wait...are you saying I'm
NOT
cool. Heck, I was born in Philly, remember the World Series, the loss to the Raiders, all the bad Sixers losses (Remember Dr. Js, "We owe you one!?")........ just cause I live in Oregon...come on... I BLEED Eagles green (and am going to see them whop the Seahawks this weekend!!)

ps Even the Broad Street Bullies.... Leach-Clark-Barber line.... Tastycakes....Cheesesteaks....Schlitz, Schmidts, Rolling Rock... the Great NE...... Roosevelt Blvd. etc. etc. one of my first concerts a dance concert at the Spectrum... Mathew's Southern Comfort, Deep Purple and Rod Stewart with Faces for $10......

Wm Tennant HS, Ursinus College...... Bucks County, Montgomery County... heck, I got em alllllll,

(not sure I am cool, but I am DEFINITELY a long suffering Philly Sports fan..... Go E-A-G-L-E-S!)

Dude, you're totally cool!:thu:

Black Sabbath at the Spectrum for $10.50.

Tastykake!

Daryl Dawkins

Mike Schmidt (so good they named a beer after him :lol: )

Big 5 basketball at the Palestra...

Bucks County, Montgomery County... heck, I got em alllllll,

Bux-Mont league high school? :wave:

• Members

Dude, you're totally cool!
:thu:

Black Sabbath at the Spectrum for $10.50.

Tastykake!

Daryl Dawkins

Mike Schmidt (so good they named a beer after him
:lol:
)

Big 5 basketball at the Palestra...

Bux-Mont league high school?
:wave:

(of course, you caught that I can't spell and my spell checker doesn't have Tastykake in it--A guy at the Eagle's Nest - a football club I'm in- brings a box of Tastykakes every year to Portland.... love those butterscotch krimpets!!) I caught Black Sabbath a couple of times at the Spectrum.... once with King Crimson and once with (I think) Humble Pie....ring any bells??

Went to Tennent, but graduated in 1970! Remember when Dawkins (Daryl--not #20-Brian!!) smashed the glass doing a dunk? Big 5 basketball....St. Joe, Villanova...great stuff. Mike Schmidt.... what memories!!

:)

E-Money: I still love Reese's "I can't believe it, I can't believe it, I can't believe it!!" after the Miracle at the Meadowlands. It is on the "History of the Philadelphia Eagles" DVD, but they cut it short. 4th and 26...... I was just cryin in my beer until FredEx caught that thing!!

• Members

So many great moments, Live Aid, the bicentenial, the Beach Boys on the Parkway.

I was at the last event ever at JFK, a Grateful Dead concert in July of 89 (the summer after my high school graduation)

For people who have never been, Philadelphia is a great city. The sports fans get a bad reputation for their negativity, you'd be negative too if you had to wait 25 years between sports championships.

Archived