Another opinion on Michael Jackson

• Members

Here's my opinion:

I don't believe he was a pedophile. One of the accuser's was a dentist who put his son under "Amytal Sodium" to take out his tooth. While he was on the drugs his dad gave him, his son apparently said some stuff about MJ. It was once thought of a truth serum that has since been discredited by the medical profession. It is now considered a mind-altering sedative. This dentist also was over $68,000 late on child support payments. And family members also thought he was jealous of MJ The father, at one point even offered to build an extra section to his house that MJ could move into.

I can't recall who the second accuser was but their have only really been 2, correct? What bothers me about people who say he was a pedophile always seem to say that many children accused him of this but it's not true. A psychiatrist who examined MJ said he didn't fit the description of a pedophile because he had the mentality of a 10 year old boy.

And don't pedophiles usually continue their behavior throughout their life if they don't get therapy? Besides the 2 accusations, what happened after that? Did he continue to molest children? I don't recall him going to any therapy or counseling for it (maybe I'm wrong). I would think if he was such a pervert he wouldn't be able to turn on and off those sick feelings and be able to contain himself. Has he ever molested his own children?

I think Michael's life as a grownup was the result of his childhood. He was never really a kid. He was also the most popular person in the world. So their you have someone with mental issues and someone who is constantly being followed by the media, someone who can't enjoy a normal life, and someone who had to deal with rumor after rumor after rumor about his private life. That all adds up to a lot of stress and pressure that most of his accusers will never understand.

IMO, the reason he liked children wasn't because he was a pedophile, but because he could relate to them more than most adults. Maybe making other kids happy made him feel better?

And being so sweet and naive probably made him an easy target for other people's financial gain.

I'm usually very skeptical with celebrity accusations but not with Michael. I just don't believe it.

And for all his accusers, please stop comparing him to OJ. Their is no similarities to OJ's acquittal and MJ's. :facepalm:

• Members

I've said this in a different forum, but it seems appropriate to say this again here.

If Michael Jackson did molest children, it is a terrible tragedy. If he was wrongly accused, it is a terrible tragedy. There is pain if either happened. I personally do not know what went on. The only ones that know for sure were in the room at the time. He was found innocent in court. I am going to believe that the jurors did the right thing.

This does intrigue me though. If someone that is a "monster" can create beautiful art, is the art any less beautiful? I'm sure that we all have music and visual images in our collections that were created by people that we would not want to associate with. If we found out that this person created an atrocity, How does this change our perception of the art?

• Members

This does intrigue me though. If someone that is a "monster" can create beautiful art, is the art any less beautiful? I'm sure that we all have music and visual images in our collections that were created by people that we would not want to associate with. If we found out that this person created an atrocity, How does this change our perception of the art?

It affects people differently, but i think i know why.

There is the misconception that we have to categorize good and evil and one camp cannot flow over into the next.

If a person is good they must remain all good in all ways in some people's perception or they lose their spot on the pedestal.

So to create amazing art tells people there is something good about the artist, but to then see qualities in the artist, or be told about qualities in the artist that are so negative is too difficult of an equation for some to reconcile, so they write off the person based on the "POTENTIAL" of evil.

This is easiest because it also saves their "face" if the artist is eventually commonly thought evil.

But the issue actually is that the people judging are too narrow minded to see that good and evil are apart of the same thing, they are just different ends of the spectrum. And they hurt themselves by disallowing the enjoyment of the art because of the things they feel uncomfortable seeing in the artist, even though all those things belong to their being as well, and under certain or similar circumstances they would behave just as "evilly".

It is all fear.

Part of the attraction of some art is that it is pulled from places that most are not brave enough go to. Our good friend the artist sacrifices their life for us and throws us a bone from the other side.

Great art, is hard to "get to". People who do get to it often are considered a bit off, because they have the bravery to go places that commonly are thought strange.

This can make the art consumer obviously hypocritical and ignorant because they criticize the lifestyle of the man/woman brave enough to go out and get their art for them to enjoy, kinda biting he hand that feeds.

In the case of MJ, i am not saying molesting children helped him make any art.

I doubt he did molest any childern. But i don't doubt some people with their asses squeezed a little too tight, decided it made them uncomfortable to have such a strange little (black) guy around with so much $ and did what they could to convince the so easily convincible and afraid public he was more evil than he is/was.

• Members

That's not true.

Prove it, both of you! :rolleyes::D

The problem with all the debates about MJ ( as we know they're raging in lots more places than HC) is that everyone's opinions are based on partial (& hardly impartial) evidence, or maybe lack of evidence.

For example, over at MusicPlayer, there's a debate about to what degree or even whether he wrote any of the songs credited to him.

How would any outside the situation know with any definiteness ?

However when people's ideas become really entrenched there's not much that can sway them.

• Members

The only person who knows the whole story is MJ, and he's not talking.

I didn't know GorDoom lived with MJ so that he could be privy to all these things.

Point is, I don't know the real story. But I can listen to the music.

I'm not about to stop using a DAW because you can trace its origins back to the recorders Hitler ordered to be invented so that his speeches could be heard in places where he wasn't.

• Members

I'm not about to stop using a DAW because you can trace its origins back to the recorders Hitler ordered to be invented so that his speeches could be heard in places where he wasn't.

OMG CRAIG IS TEH NAZI. :eek:

Like I've mentioned before regarding many topics, I'd have a really small collection of music to listen to if I weeded out every artist who had personal issues which would bother me if I knew all the details.

• Members

OMG CRAIG IS TEH NAZI.
:eek:

Like I've mentioned before regarding many topics, I'd have a really small collection of music to listen to if I weeded out every artist who had personal issues which would bother me if I knew all the details.

Yeah, it'd probably be a handful of CDs by Buddhist monks.

• Members

Hmmmm, well, a lot of us only use DAWs developed by Peruvian farmers who were really great fathers and husbands and recorded Andean music in their spare time.

Hmmmm, well, a lot of us only use DAWs developed by Peruvian farmers who were really great fathers and husbands and recorded Andean music in their spare time.

:mad: Peruvians hate Chileans. That offends my Chilean heritage.

I'm turning back to wax cylinders now.

ktnxbye.

• Members

:mad:
Peruvians hate Chileans. That offends my Chilean heritage.

These Peruvians had intermarried with Chileans, and love Chileans and everyone else, and practice a beautiful non-racist everyone-is-beautiful non-denominational sort of philosophy. They did this while developing DAWs and analog multi-track, not realizing that other parts of the world was developing them simultaneously.

• Members

The original post does not reflect my views, because I am not certain that he is a pedophile. I have heard first hand testimony that he traveled and hung out with young boys well before the accusations were made, but that doesn't mean he had sex with them. I think that he did engage in activities with the kids that most people would consider inappropriate, but I think it may due to his child-like nature rather than evil intent.

Mostly I just think he was rather pathetic. I think our society needs to reconsider the practice of bestowing incredible riches on young people and surrounding them with yes-people who serve their desires, not their best interests.

• Members

I was just wondering about that. I've been refraining from bringing up dirt on MJ - and through the years, I've read a lot of dirt in magazines and newspapers on him. Hopefully he didn't do a lot of the stuff he was accused of with children. I truly hope so for the childrens' sake as well as for his. I'm just gonna try and remember him for being a fantastic entertainer.

• Members

Here's my opinion:

...I can't recall who the second accuser was but their have only really been 2, correct? What bothers me about people who say he was a pedophile always seem to say that many children accused him of this but it's not true. A psychiatrist who examined MJ said he didn't fit the description of a pedophile because he had the mentality of a 10 year old boy.

And don't pedophiles usually continue their behavior throughout their life if they don't get therapy? Besides the 2 accusations, what happened after that? Did he continue to molest children? I don't recall him going to any therapy or counseling for it (maybe I'm wrong). I would think if he was such a pervert he wouldn't be able to turn on and off those sick feelings and be able to contain himself. Has he ever molested his own children?

I think Michael's life as a grownup was the result of his childhood. He was never really a kid. He was also the most popular person in the world. So their you have someone with mental issues and someone who is constantly being followed by the media, someone who can't enjoy a normal life, and someone who had to deal with rumor after rumor after rumor about his private life. That all adds up to a lot of stress and pressure that most of his accusers will never understand...

I'm usually very skeptical with celebrity accusations but not with Michael. I just don't believe it.

There may have been two. There may have been many more. And who

Archived