Another opinion on Michael Jackson

• Members

I know you're kidding and all, but I kinda wanted to say this anyway...

Things like Neda/Iran, Aung San Suu Kyi's situation, Tibetans/Uighurs, Darfur, sex trafficking, all that are tragic, and have far more consequence in world than MJ passing. I doubt many would argue with that.

But in my opinion, I believe it's also important to remember that MJ made an emotional impact for many, inspiring people to run at him wanting to tear his clothes off and scream his name at concerts. He's had an enormous cultural and musical impact, so even though I agree that there are far more earth-shattering things than his passing, I also acknowledge that emotional connection people have.

I think it's too easy to become cynical and think less of people if they make a fuss over this, but hopefully there's some balance in looking at all this.

• Members

How about that...another Rundgren fan...

hi Tedster :wave:

Yeah, Todd still hangs around in my head.

Even popping out today when a pop culture blogger rises to the opportunity to spout - at a dead guy! What courage. It's just like that guy in Tiananmen. The world needs people who can aim so high! I mean, he's not just a pop culture blogger, but a pop culture watchdog.

Archived