New Bacchus Empire Day! (used of course)

soundcreation

• Members

Been a long while since I bought any guitars but I've been wanting one of these for ages and they don't come up all that often. 

The Pics....

083.jpg071.jpg074.jpg076.jpg080.jpg

The Specs:

Model: Bacchus Empire from the handmade series

Flamed maple top on an alder body

Maple 24 fret neck with amazingly smooth tight grained rosewood fret board with scalloped edges.  Shaved down neck heel for easy upper fret access.

Gotoh floyd

Bacchus pickups with coil tap and the usual volume, tone and 3 way

and...what I thought was the most beautiful maple binding, but what I'm now realizing is actually the top just not painted right to the end.  At least I think that's what it is.  The flame pattern on the top matches perfectly with the "binding".....totally cool.  

The opinion so far....

Fantastic.....I've played a few MIJ Bacchus when I was in Japan so I had an idea of the level of guitar I was going to get but this has even exceeded those expectations. 

Fit and finish is amazing as usual for MIJ.  Tight and solid...everywhere.   The neck pocket is so tight....you couldn't slide a hydrogen atom in, anywhere.  Frets are excellent...I have some higher end MIJ's that are even better (in terms of cosmetics....rounded and polished ends for example) but these are your standard perfect.  The switches and knobs (even the little coil tap mini toggle) feel really heavy duty and durable.

The finish itself really exceeded my expectations.  I really wanted to get this guitar in the oil finished version but beggars can't be choosers.  I'm almost positive it's a laquer top finish over a poly base.  It's very thin.  Not 100\% nitro thin...but damn...it's what I wish my carvin would be.  Of course it's used so it's obviously got some play wear...a few little dings etc....looks like the previous owner did a very nice job breaking it in...

Playability and sound....ohhh yeah....

Rings out very loud accoustically.  Sustain is very very good.  Action as it came is a tiny bit higher than what I would call perfect, but if that's the best I can get it will be no issue at all.  Neck is smooth and plays great.   Pickups sound great and I would not change them out.  Really screams over all.  Coil taps make it interesting as well. 

All in all it's everything I hoped it would be and a little more. 

Archived