No announcement yet.

Any good Ric clones out there?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good Ric clones out there?

I'm looking for the same equivalent to Rickenbackers as Tokai is to Gibson or Dillion is to PRS. Does such a thing exist?

My axes take some abuse, and even though I can afford it with some budgeting, I just can't stomach dropping $1.7K on anything that's going to get shiners (both as in the scratch and the beer) all over it in 6 months.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by phaeton
    Linux cronyism is a bunch of farsical scare-tactic posturing by the Liberal Media to fund pinko homoerotic Leftist neo-commie agendas, take our rights and guns away and undermine American Values to drag everyone down to the same level of doom and gloom misery as inner-city crackwhore welfare moms.

VVV
    VVV
    VVV
    VVV
    VVVVVV
    VVVVV
    VVVV
    VVV
    VV
    V
    Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Comment

Buy it all used! Get it for the cheapest price you can find. To hell with posing with a new instrument that is a copy.

Get a used one for under or around $500us.

Comment

Originally posted by 's mel gibson
          Buy it all used! Get it for the cheapest price you can find. To hell with posing with a new instrument that is a copy.

Get a used one for under or around $500us.

thanks for your help jerk

where are these $500 and under Rics?

Comment

oh!

Comment

Rickenbaker is one of the most agressive manufacturers as far as going after clone builders. They don't even make it easy to buy replacement parts for fear that someone is going to use them to build a clone. I've heard of custom builders creating a one-off copy of a Ric getting "cease and desist" letters. Ebay auctions listing Ric clones are usually pulled within hours.

I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck finding a Ric clone. I'm not going to say it's impossible, just difficult.

Comment

Not impossible - just an hour or so away.

Comment

tokai
                  greco
                  and some other japanese manufactures have made then, search it out
                  OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Why don't you just ask jjpistols how to get one?
                    One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it.
                    Three chords and you're into jazz
                    - Lou Reed

Comment

Originally posted by jjpistols
                      Not impossible - just an hour or so away.

****************, not even 45 minutes. It takes less time for me to get to SoCo then it does to commute in-town to work each morning.

SO, there are clones hanging around Austin? Do tell me more.
                      Originally posted by phaeton
                      Linux cronyism is a bunch of farsical scare-tactic posturing by the Liberal Media to fund pinko homoerotic Leftist neo-commie agendas, take our rights and guns away and undermine American Values to drag everyone down to the same level of doom and gloom misery as inner-city crackwhore welfare moms.

Comment

I'm selling the one in the pic - pm me if you want to check it out

Comment

Working...
                        X