Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Tops - Yay or Nay

Don't get me wrong I love my LP Standard (in lovely honeyburst) and IMHO I think the Les Paul is the best guitar in the world but I just don't like gold tops - am I mad ?
    "...well they used to be blue, when they used to be new, when they used to be clean"

My Stuff: A guitar, some other guitars, an amp or two and various other coloured boxes and stuff. Oh and some leads..... and strings.

Meet the chaps of rock: www.spooksrock.com

At least youve identified your problem. Now you can begin working toward resolving your goldtop issues. Let me help you

Reverend RoundHouse
    Squier Standard Vintage Series
    Schecter C-1 Classic
    Epi Wildkat
    Korina '58 Explorer

Peavey Classic 30 + 112E cab + 410E cab

I'LL SWAP MY CHEAP STRAT FOR YOUR CHEAP TELE!!

Mazi Bee Militia

Straight up deals with : Natasmi, Breed, BJCarl, Corky McGee, Vintage Clubber, GuitarPlayer, Airship71, Mister Crow, lowbrow, ert, KidVybes, parrothdmark, Solly, Mazi Bee, JMGruber, Tweedledee, Awdwon, CrxshDxmmy, Belt, Fusion1, Twisty571, williamh, sa116, TOCS100

Comment

I'm beginning to see the attraction
      "...well they used to be blue, when they used to be new, when they used to be clean"

My Stuff: A guitar, some other guitars, an amp or two and various other coloured boxes and stuff. Oh and some leads..... and strings.

Meet the chaps of rock: www.spooksrock.com

Comment

Nay. Doesnt like yellow bodies. On its ok as part of a sunburst finish. But no appeal to me at all for yellow by itself as guitars color.
        Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

some of us just appreciate the finer things....

Comment

Absolutely. I love goldtops . . . only trouble is, budget goldtops often neglect to put a maple cap on (because nobody sees it). Then all you've got is a yellow guitar.

Comment

Yay to green tinted gold tops. The (rare) fully gold painted LPs otoh look cheap for some reason

Comment

Yeah gold tops can be good, I can't the gorgeous gold top with those but ugly zebra pick ups.
                catdaddy

Comment

I like goldtops. Very classy.

Comment

I hated goldtops when I was younger. Somewhere in my mid-20s, something happened and now I love the look.

Some original songs...

And some cover tunes...

Comment

I've always thought the ES295 was pretty darn sexy as well.

Comment

I used to dislike them, now I want one.

A '56 LP Goldtop with p90s, yessir. Or a McCarty Soapbar goldtop.
                        Brian

"it aint nothin' but a jam"
                        -Jimi Hendrix 10-10-68

Comment

boooo regular guitars........ hoooray gold tops!!!!!!!
                          good trades with: gravyK, frankiej, Richard Coibion a.k.a monsterpiece guy!, petersenb9, q-4000, jfarabee, twisty571, mvolta84, XMahkaihX, vangkm, mazi bee, and yet again twisty571

good deals with: bisticles, thesense, danhauk, thesense again, truthis123, alexmack, shred4life, kojdogg, mvolta84, oxide, session, Martini908, jds22, estaban22, teleman, made of cones

Comment

Goldtops rock!

76 Deluxe (love those minis!!)

ES-295 - Scotty Moore!

Love the gold thang so much I gotta strat (baritone)

and telecaster - the one and only Goldtop Flying Telcaster...
                            mUk: an insignificant or contemptible person

"If you quote yourself in your sig, your a dummy" - guitarmook

Comment

nope, can't stand them. i think they look tacky and somehow cheap, like a hooker trying to look all dressed up
                              5 STAR GENERAL OF THE SG ARMY
                              http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1232460
                              "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

the work begins again, the hope rise's a new,The dream lives on. E.M.Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                              X