My Samick Artist Series guitar that I paid $450 (CND) for sounds awsome

Disco Cat

• Members

In fact, it sounds very significantly better than my '57 reissue strat for most all things distortion.

I post this because my conscience tells me I shouldn't be able to say that. $450 guitar > $2000 guitar?

I bought the Samick probably 10 years ago, and it was my first electric guitar. It's pretty nice looking too, cool paint job. If I had a digi-cam, I'd post pics.

wut wut?

• Members

The 57 RI is not built for distortion. It is built to vintage specs and to get vintage tone.
:facepalm:

Also, despite that, my 57 ri sounds, imho, better than any other strat I've played or heard - at least clean-wise. The Samick has a characteristically similar tone to how my strat sounded when I put lace sensors pups in it, but I quickly pulled those back out of my 57 in favour of the original clean sound, which I find pretty special.

• Members

In fact, it sounds very significantly better than my '57 reissue strat for most all things distortion.

I post this because my conscience tells me I shouldn't be able to say that. $450 guitar > $2000 guitar?

I bought the Samick probably 10 years ago, and it was my first electric guitar. It's pretty nice looking too, cool paint job. If I had a digi-cam, I'd post pics.

wut wut?

Edit: Ah. Its got a humbucker. I prefer humbuckers to SSS strats for distortion. In either case, enjoy the cheapie. There's nothing better than getting a kickass player for small dollars. For the record: I like the look of your guitar. Its not elaborate or fancy, but its black-on-black give it chutzpah.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

YAY!!! FINALLY A PLACE THAT I MIGHT FIND SOME ANSWERS!!!!! Hi there I have been searching everyywhere for a place to find info on a guitar I have. It's a all black Samick with as gold sticker with what I believe say y 441 and placard yhat says made in Korea1958, and a #1051883, it has Samick with the wave emblem and is a six sting. Here are some pics. It's in better shape than the pic portray I haven't had a chance to clean it. It's been just laying around . It's it GREAT SHAPE ACTUALLY. Just anyways here's ya go. Any info anyone can give me would be appreciated and if anyone could give me an estimtation of it's value , if it has any , I would also appreciate that as well.

Mine looks just like the one posted by DISCO CAT - a few posts above me

thanks again .

Archived