No announcement yet.

Surf Green Telecaster?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Green Telecaster?

For the last few years I've been looking for a surf green Telecaster with a maple fretboard (preferably new), and I can't find one anywhere.

Any ideas? I swear this guitar has been haunting my dreams.
    Woo!

haha I've been looking for seafoam- the maple board is the killer- if you're talking in general, they made mim versions with matching amps. But if you want MIA with a maple board, you pretty much have to go custom shop and bend over.
    [SIZE="1"]guits:
    PRS hollowbody II, std22
    Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Fender 62 deluxe vintage players strat (ice blue w/ S1) and 08 Jeff Beck strat
    guild Dc4nt acoustic
    Fender USA Jazz V
    Mele koa ukulele

amps:
    VHT pitbull classic combo
    Mesa Roadking (ver 1)
    Soldano Astroverb combo
    Fender Deluxe

Comment

Or, build it yourself. Moar fun
      -Ethan

Please click - Fender Starcaster reissue petition!

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

PRS is to guitarists what TGP is to internet users.

One VERY good deal with Powerglide350!

Comment

Build it. Or repaint. Or.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsugrmafi1.html
        Guitars:
        - Gibson Les Paul Standard '85
        - Fender MIJ '52 Esquire
        - 50s Homebuilt Tele
        - Baritone Tele

Basses:

- Rickenbacker 4001 '64
        - Gibson Grabber
        - Gibson G3

Amps:
        - Marshall 1965B
        - Peavey 2x10
        - Sunn 200S

Comment

I had to go the Warmoth route to build a Seafoam Green Strat.
          ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
          Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Speak to da Tweedle

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

^ want.

alot.
              Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

There was a Mexi standard in surf green for a bit. Might have been a limited run:

Here's a sexy foam green as well:

FS/FT:
                - Fender Classic 50's Strat with TV Jones Classics + case (MIM)
                Wanted:
                - Squier Surf Green Jaguar
                - Goatkeeper, WMD Geiger Counter, Strats, Rickenbackers
                GOOD DEALS: Click Here

Comment

GUITARS
                  1991 Telecaster Plus with Tremelo (Modified)
                  1988 Gibson Showcase Edition Les Paul BLK/SILV
                  2007 Sunburst Flame Top Gibson Les Paul Standard
                  2012 Fender FSR Blacktop Ash Telecaster Sunset Orange/Gold

AMPS
                  Orange TH30, Marshall DSL40C

Effects
                  Fulltone CF-1, Moollon Apuarius(Delay), Carl Martin PlexiTone 2, Carl Martin AC-Tone 2, Dunlop chrome Wah,

Cabinet
                  Marshall JCM 1960B 4x12

Comment

Since we're showing off Surf Green Teles, just something I made while messing about in Kisekae. I'd love it. Maybe one day

-Ethan

Please click - Fender Starcaster reissue petition!

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

PRS is to guitarists what TGP is to internet users.

One VERY good deal with Powerglide350!

Comment

My buddy is having a "Super T" guitar built for him at the moment by "US Guitars". They are out of WI and produce some great guitars. His is going to be, sea foam green w/matching headstock, maple board, body binding, humbuckers, locking tuners, flame neck...for less than a Fender Deluxe.

http://www.usmasters.com/

Plus, there prices aren't too bad, call them for a price though.
                      Good Deals With:

Tweedledee, Yavin, Tube_Tone, Florbastang, emmerwood, cbh5150, cody4474, Slave2theAudio, magz76, leftside, woodyjunior, Dr. Scottie C, BrunoRod

Comment

Speak to da Tweedle

My surf green AVRI Tele is still my #1.

As Brian said, apparently Fender released a surf green Tele as part of the 50s Tele line a while ago, but they're incredibly difficult to find.

Mine is an American Vintage Reissue '62 Tele Custom, but they only come with a rosewood board. You could always get one and swap out the neck for a maple one.

Or, as others have said, you can build your own.

Fender put out a Special Edition surf green Tele, but it has a matching headstock. I'm not sure if you want that. Here's a link to one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SPECIAL-EDITION-TELECASTER_W0QQitemZ260570633454
                        Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

There's a loaded body (not Fender) on Ebay - $99 BIN.

Get a Warmoth or Allparts neck and you're good to go. Looks like it's a top-load.

I've had some of the old top-load MIM's and I loved them, FWIW.
                          Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin

Comment

Fender put out a Special Edition surf green Tele, but it has a matching headstock. I'm not sure if you want that. Here's a link to one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SPECIAL-EDITION-TELECASTER_W0QQitemZ260570633454

Those are the ones with the matching amps I was talking about- but if you want MIA, you are screwed- check out wildwood's pages- there are SWEET examples of exactly what you and I are looking for; unfortunately, the prices are ... well... fender custom shop prices
                            [SIZE="1"]guits:
                            PRS hollowbody II, std22
                            Gibson Les Paul Custom
                            Fender 62 deluxe vintage players strat (ice blue w/ S1) and 08 Jeff Beck strat
                            guild Dc4nt acoustic
                            Fender USA Jazz V
                            Mele koa ukulele

amps:
                            VHT pitbull classic combo
                            Mesa Roadking (ver 1)
                            Soldano Astroverb combo
                            Fender Deluxe

Comment

All these pictures are driving me crazy, those are some seriously nice looking guitars.

As for going the Warmoth route, how difficult is it to install the electronics? That's the hurdle that's been keeping me from doing that already.

EDIT: After checking out what Warmoth has to offer, that seems like a really cool option. I haven't been to their site in a few years, and last time I checked it out, things were not nearly as customizable. Will they install electronics and whatnot?
                              Woo!

Comment

Working...
                              X