Surf Green Telecaster?

Super Rad!

• Members

I FOUND ONE FOR YOU! And it kicks every kind of ass know to humankind. TV Jones Pickups too! Only $5700.

I don't know man, I'm not really in the market for an El Cheapo. And I'd like something with a little more flash. That one is a tad...plain.

• Members

here you go

http://cgi.ebay.com/TELE-BODY-Surf-Green-Loaded-Pickups-Bridge-ADD-NECK_W0QQitemZ370350340425QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item563a99b949#ht_3013wt_1165

I think that's the one d_dave_c was talking about.

If you want a complete surf green Tele with a maple neck for cheap, the least expensive one I know of is the Xaviere one:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsugrmafi1.html

yhst-50206111187217_2099_10016308

• Members

God dang, I love Teles.

Amen.

I've been a Strat guy all my guitar-playing life. But I picked up a friend's Tele, and, while not a convert, I was still blown away. It's an MIJ '62 reissue from the late 80's, in sunburst... absolutely stunning :love:

I must get a Tele. Some of the Squier ones look ace :thu:

• Members

:D

My surf green AVRI Tele is still my #1.

IMG_2983.jpg

As Brian said, apparently Fender released a surf green Tele as part of the 50s Tele line a while ago, but they're incredibly difficult to find.

Mine is an American Vintage Reissue '62 Tele Custom, but they only come with a rosewood board. You could always get one and swap out the neck for a maple one.

Or, as others have said, you can build your own.

Fender put out a Special Edition surf green Tele, but it has a matching headstock. I'm not sure if you want that. Here's a link to one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-SPECIAL-EDITION-TELECASTER_W0QQitemZ260570633454

This is probably the best looking guitar I have ever seen. :love:

• Members

:rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes all you want, but they're not the same color. I was just trying to make the point that ReRanch doesn't consider them the same thing, despite your assertion that they do.

When you put a Seafoam Green and Surf Green guitar side-by-side in person, the difference is even more drastic than in photos or color samples on a computer monitor. Seafoam Green also tends to be more reactive to changes in lighting than Surf Green is. Sometimes it looks extremely blue, sometimes it looks pure green. If that's not what you're looking for, then a guitar with a Seafoam finish might be kind of disappointing.

• Members

You can roll your eyes all you want, but they're not the same color. I was just trying to make the point that ReRanch doesn't consider them the same thing, despite your assertion that they do.

When you put a Seafoam Green and Surf Green guitar side-by-side in person, the difference is even more drastic than in photos or color samples on a computer monitor. Seafoam Green also tends to be more reactive to changes in lighting than Surf Green is. Sometimes it looks extremely blue, sometimes it looks pure green. If that's not what you're looking for, then a guitar with a Seafoam finish might be kind of disappointing.

My mistake on the Reranch comment - old post.

But these colors have been commonly interchanged for years because they are so close. Same with Olympic White vs. Arctic White. Fender's colors have always been confusing - nothing new.

But if those two colors are that different/important to you - knock yourself out.

:rolleyes:

• Members

All these pictures are driving me crazy, those are some seriously nice looking guitars.

As for going the Warmoth route, how difficult is it to install the electronics? That's the hurdle that's been keeping me from doing that already.

EDIT: After checking out what Warmoth has to offer, that seems like a really cool option. I haven't been to their site in a few years, and last time I checked it out, things were not nearly as customizable. Will they install electronics and whatnot?

As far as I know Warmoth won't install electronics. At least they wouldn't last summer when I ordered various parts from them. Installing pickups and pots isn't very hard if you know how to solder which isn't a difficult skill to learn.

• Members

I haven't soldered in a while, but I don't remember it being that difficult. I guess I'm just more concerned about spending money on an awesome Warmoth body & neck, then messing the electronics up myself.

And that Avri Tele is unbelievable. I would easily sacrifice my maple neck preference for one of those.

Archived