Stickered Guitar - Let's see yours...

seven58

• Members

I only have one guitar, well, now two, guitars covered with stickers. I covered my first guitar with stickers. I still have it, but it is just a cheap Kay. It means something to me because I paid for it myself and learned a lot practicing with it 23 years ago. I wanted to capture the nostalgia of a stickered guitar, but with a real player. My victim was a Kramer ST610 that I got a really good deal on a couple of years ago. Since most of the stickers had an 80's vibe, I thought for continuity an 80's guitar would be best.

Before...

Kramer-pre-DSC_0074s.jpg

After...

Kramer_stickers-DSC_0084s.jpg

The inspiration...

kay4.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definitely looks like a wall you would have seen at CBGB's.
:thu:

yeah, that poor thing has had just about everything done to it: stickers, paint, {censored} nailed to it, holes drilled into it, etc. It was my 'art project' for a year or two back in the early 90's.

I keep saying that I'm going to pull it down off of the wall & get it playable again just for old times sake, but somehow never get around to it :idk:

• Members

I don't have a pic of the guitar by itself, and this live shot is a bit "artsy" for getting a very good sense of the details, but the guitar has an urban camo fabric "finish" with a number of military decals. It actually sounds quite good.

uwc-r1.jpg

• Members

Thanks wagdog! It now sports a set of American Standard Fender strat singles.

Here's the back:

stickerback.jpg

:eek::love:THE MALCONTENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::love:

They were my favorite band EVARRRRRR!!!!!!!

I saw them 21 times in a year and a half. Then their lead singer had to {censored} their other lead singer who was dating their trombone player.... {censored}:cry::cry::cry:

I once covered a bass in that sticker, no pix tho. God damn they were awesome.

• Members

Yeah, I just got tired of explaining it to people.

Originally, it started as a tribute to Jeff Hanneman of Slayer and Andreas Kisser of Sepultura. Both have two of my favorite stickered guitars of all time. Then I had to hide it from my niece who is learning to read. And I have one of my own so there ya go.

I have one other guitar with a sticker, the rest are sticker-free.

SN850729.jpg

It the logo for the band Suffocation. Best death metal band ever.

Archived