No announcement yet.

Old, beat up guitars.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old, beat up guitars.

I kind of like buying a used guitar with dents and dings and just play it as is (after setting up, etc).

Today this old dinged up guitar I set against the couch fell onto the floor.

It didn't bother me at all.

It's like driving a dented car. What's one more ding?

I agree.. Buying a guitar in a played state is cool, especially if you can get a deal on a good guitar. Where it becomes ridiculous and pretentious is when you pay someone extra money to put all that wear on there artificially for you.

EDIT: I can't spell apparently..
    Signature...

Comment

Old and beat up describes my favorites. My #1 Start has been beat to hell but I love it.
      Originally Posted by customtele

And I hate it when my G string goes up my ass.

Comment

I kind of like buying a used guitar with dents and dings and just play it as is (after setting up, etc).

Play it! Play that damn guitar! Play it like it's the last dented car you'll ever drive! What are you gonna' do??? Stand around polishin' that thing or are you gonna' get right on up on that stage and play the hell out of it! What are you waitin' for? An invitation??? Ain't nobody gonna' do it for you!

Comment

I don't have any guitars that don't have dings or scratches. And it's not a matter of being careless or just throwing them about, but **************** happens and I'm a bit accident prone. I've dropped them, dropped stuff on them, slammed into stuff with them, etc, all while playing.
          Hell, I put together a parts guitar, and it's almost flawless except the 1" long dent that was on the body when I got it. Just meant that I didn't have to put the first dent on it.
          Mandatory Gear List:
          Ibanez Guitars: 1991 RG570/2005 RG7321/1992 RG 470/2005 RG 321MH/1996 SF420/2002 S-Classic/2001 RG320/1986 Charvel Model 1
          /Jackson JDX-94/Jackson+LTD mutt/Squier Bullet Spec./Squier Affinity Strat/Squier P-Bass Special/Crate Power Block/Carvin 4x12/Epi Valve Jr. Head/Marshall Lead 12 Combo/Marshall Mini Stack
          /Peavey Vypyr 30/Marshall Lead 15 mini stack/Many Pedals
          Band Site:
          http://www.myspace.com/blackholecaravan

Comment

I don't want to buy a beat up guitar...I want it 100% flawless, and I play it and put it in that "played" state.

It's like buying a Jeep that's already lifted and beat... where's the fun then?

Comment

I don't want to buy a beat up guitar...I want it 100% flawless, and I play it and put it in that "played" state.

It's like buying a Jeep that's already lifted and beat... where's the fun then?

If it already has dents and dings you don't have to worry about it.

Comment

I don't generally worry about it anyway... I mean, I'm buying it to use it, not look at it. I don't like, beat it to hell, but I don't religiously take care of it either.

Comment

Preach it, brother...
                  My old band: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dragstripriot
                  Gibson Les Paul junior/'67 Fender Bassman/Marshall 1965 cab/ '91 MIJ
                  fender p bass/ampeg B-15S/2 15" Marshall JCM800 bass cabs

Comment

My motto is "Every guitar is a beach guitar". I do take care with my guitars, don't let the drunks play them and so on, but it is inevitable that dings do happen. So I have taken guitars like my Guild Starfire IV down to the beach. (I play at the beach here in Thailand every day when at Condo in Jomtien). The climate here just eats guitars anyway......
                    I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                    Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

Some of my guitars I'd like to keep nice, but if they happen to get a dent or a chip, it doesn't break my heart. One of my favorite guitars is a '71 Epiphone ET270, all kinds of chips in the finish, and I would rather it look old and worn than sad and unplayed.
                      -----------------------------------
                      Official Sideshow Freak of Teh BOOSTED Midz Club

Get in the van with These Charming Men, you'll have a good time!

----------------------------

Comment

That's good stuff, man.
                        "Rock n Roll is a feeling!" - Edward Van Halen

Comment

i know a few blokes that have the same theory with women.

Comment

If I buy a new guitar then I don't want to put a scratch or ding on it.

That bums me out. Same as getting a ding on a new car.

It's that first scratch or ding on the new finish.

Nope. Don't like that.

Comment

I've ended up with a ding or scratch or something pretty much straight away on the new cars I've had.

And it's always been other people when I'm parked and away from the car...

I've had my current car anout 6 months...someone bashed the mirror on the first day I had it and took a nice lump of paint off.

Such is life....

Punk as f**k since 1976

Endorser and player of "Vintage" guitars:

http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html

Originally Posted by Ratae Coritanorum

Marc man, I think you possibly rock TOO MUCH

The Plague on Myspace:
                              http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=247093832

Westway on myspace:http://www.myspace.com/westwaytotheclash

My Soundclick page:http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=484650

Comment

Working...
                              X