Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - Ibanez Artist 100

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the before video. As far as humbuckers go, I think the neck pickup is pretty sweet, especially for an import ceramic. The bridge pickup is too hot for my tastes for sure, but not bad. These would actually make a pretty sweet pairing for someone who likes the JB/Jazz combo on the cheap. I'm curious to see what the impedance is when I swap them.

Guitar Rig: Musicman Silhouette -> Cool Cat Transparent OD -> Fender Mustang I (Twin model)
    Drum Rig: Mapex Pro M's, Saluda Mists, Evans heads

Comment

Threw the Dream 90 and Mean 90 in there and it sounds pretty bad. Going to double check all my wiring tonight and get some clips up regardless.
      Guitar Rig: Musicman Silhouette -> Cool Cat Transparent OD -> Fender Mustang I (Twin model)

Comment

The color is super cool. Love it.
        HNGD!

EG
        We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

That sounds really nice. No chance at keeping the neck'bucker in there, huh?
          "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
          and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
          -CS Lewis

Comment

Well I don't know. I'm going to get my ohmmeter and some alligator clips and double check the wiring on the guitar. If that's fine, I'll probably look to get a pair of vintage output, brighter PAF style pickups (maybe exchange for Vintage 59's, or try BG Buckers). And if I still don't like that, I'll probably try maybe a Jazz neck with Jazz, 59, or some other bridge pickup.

I did like the neck pickup, but because it's a cheap ceramic mag import on a $300 guitar, I figure that I should be able to get a little more tone/mojo right? Fixing what isn't broke

Comment

Cool guitar man! I've been looking at these as well.

Bridge/tailpiece are weird...I'm used to the TOM style, and this has big grooves rather than exposed saddles. On the plus side it doesn't dig into your hand and has an interesting look, but you lose some control with palm mutes because you can't get right to the break of the saddle.

I didn't click with the bridge either, when I tried them out. Can this bridge be swapped out for a tonepros?

Comment

Stock humbucker readings:

Neck - 8.3k
                Bridge - 16.6k

Good Lord.

Comment

Congrats!

(o)(o)
                  Visit Crash Pad at:
                  http://CrashPadBand.com
                  CONSUME!:
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                  Gear List/Pics:
                  https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Working...