Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich NJ Series value?

I'm trying to help a friend figure out what his guitar is worth before he makes a definite decision to sell it. Any of you guys know what this is worth? Some of the pictures are dark but you get the general idea. Also, if you can tell anything about the approximate year it was manufactured that would be great! I tried to look it up but could not find any mention of the B XXXX format on the serial number. In case you are wondering about the tag in the pics, he recently had it for sale at a local shop.

Looks like 80's japanese- maybe 250-300?
    Good deals with:
    FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,
    ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,
    AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,
    downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76

Comment

Thanks! I think he'll be a little disappointed but it is what it is.

Comment

one like that was for sale here and i think he only got about $250 NZ$
        My Band
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omejCiU-pWI

Comment

The old NJ series are generally pretty nice, I have an NJ Eagle that beats out much more expensive guitars for playability.
          Good deals with:
          FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,
          ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,
          AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,
          downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76

Comment

Nice. Unfortunately a lot of the BC Rich imports dont get the resale value they should imo. If I saw one like that in some other color besides white, in a store for $250-$300 Id seriously concider snatching it up myself.
            Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

Unless it's a neckthru USA model you're not going to get much. The "NJ" series wasn't made in New Jersey, they were all imports.

Comment

...The "NJ" series wasn't made in New Jersey, they were all imports.

...just like the Kramer "Neptune, NJ" guitars.

Comment

I would say $150 at most. The pointy NJ series models are much less popular than the NJ Bich and Mockingbirds.
                  Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)

Comment

The GC in Manchester, CT has that exact guitar marked at $225. They were originally trying to get $300 for it, but as you can tell by the pic date they've had it since Nov 4th. I'm not sure when they dropped the price but you gotta imagine there's been a TON of traffic through that store in the past 4 months and they can't sell it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-BC-RICH-NJ-SERIES-CREAM-USA-102709-105522151-i1571868.gc

Comment

N.J.= Nagoya, Japan.
                      Originally Posted by nicholai

He seems to like bacon a lot......

Originally Posted by Luigi

Jesus probably doesn't love everyone, especially ****************************s. He probably wants to punch them but He won't. That's what makes him Jesus.

Originally Posted by GuitarNoobie

...we should be talking about the national debt, the number of incarcerated citizens in this country(the prison industrial complex), the military industrial complex, the so called war on drugs and corporations/banks that are running over people and buying our politicians...

Comment

N.J.= Nagoya, Japan.

I was going to say it if no one else did.
                        My Youtube channel
                        My reverbnation

Comment

Shame. Those are good guitars, and it really merits more money. Maybe if you took it to the right store/found the right guy.
                          Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Pennanggalan is my band. You should listen to them, if you like metal.

Comment

dude it has an original kahler on it.

Go to a REAL appraisal person and get that **************** appraised. Its definitely worth more than 300.
                            Missionary ov teh boosted midz
                            I like to build things
                            Good people: TomVanDeven, I.P. Freeley, Science!

Comment

I think I'm gonna suggest he hang on to it for a while. All of you have good points but I am more in line with TubeFox than anybody. It's a really good guitar and the right person could come along. He was wanting around $400 at first but that's obviously shooting for the stars. Meanwhile he should just enjoy playing it, even if it is just from time to time. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Working...
                              X