Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

who are your favorite independent dealers?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are your favorite independent dealers?

i.e. not GC,MF, Music123, AMS, Sweetwater, etc. nor somebody like Guitarfetish, Carvin, or Rondo who is offering only their own brand.

outside of the Willcutts, Music Zoos, and Wildwoods of the world (all top notch dealers), who else is out there? i'm looking for reputable dealers that won't accept a dog, even on a low-line instrument, and who place customer service first.

whatcha got?
    The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Richmond Music here in town is really good...
    SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

Grinning Elk
      Pick Of The Ricks
      The Music Zoo
      Musicians Workshop (Marlboro, NJ)
      Monmouth Music
      Bath Music
      i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

You can pretty much never go wrong with an AIMM (Association of Independent Music Merchandisers) dealer. The 2 nearest AIMM dealers to your area I believe are Alto Music in Middletown and Dave Phillips Music in Phillipsburg NJ. I also deal a lot with Rudy's in NYC and Ludlow Guitars in Brooklyn, both fine reputable institutions. If anybody would like info on the nearest AIMM dealer to their location I'm happy to look up and provide.

Comment

Richmond Music here in town is really good...

AIMM dealer...

Comment

Blues Angel Music in Pensacola, FL
            ...when I'm 64...

Comment

Dave's Guitars in LaCrosse Wi.

Cream City Music in Milwaukee (OK, Brookfield actually)

Gruhn Guitars Nashville
              HCGB #77

Member,
              Squier Army
              Rickenbacker Squadron
              Gretsch Gang
              Epiphone Empire

"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." - Les Paul, 2002

Comment

Centre City in San Diego.
                Elderly, of course.
                SPAM: Buy my eBook, "Beginning Electric Guitar Design". $4.99 and available at:
                Lulu Edition
                Kindle Edition
                iTunes iBookstore
                Nook Edition

Comment

I've had very good experiences with Music Power. Twice I asked if they could meet or beat what was already the lowest price I had come across, and both times the quotes were excellent, as were the guitars.

Comment

Drum City Guitarland in Denver. They set up all of their guitars to their customers' liking, and they are great to deal with. You're not just getting a guitar in a box with these guys. Of course you already mentioned Wildwood, who is also local. I've purchased from them also, these are two great shops with different specializations.

www.drumcityguitarland.com
                    Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

We had a great independent dealer where i live called Underdogs, but they could not complete with the big dogs and went under! Now we have two of the same dealers in town, because Long and Mcquade bought out the other store we had! Not a lot of options here now! Ebay has become my friend!

Comment

I have a great relationship with Rick Kelly at Carmine Street Guitars. If you've got the time the place is a great place to hang-out.
                        http://www.myspace.com/399453211

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=276061

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nails

Comment

Guitar Showcase - San Jose Very cool selection of vintage stuff to look at.

The Starving Musician - Sunnyvale (I think...maybe Santa Clara)
                          Originally Posted by Frets99
                          I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....

Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA
                          HCGB #251
                          Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray
                          Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12
                          Some Pedals

Comment

"No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                            and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                            -CS Lewis

Comment

musictoyz, wildwood, willcutts, washington music center, daddys junky music

Comment

Working...
                              X