Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin Tele project.

Here's my latest Evilbay score. I'll be calling this my Franklin Tele because I'm using some creative accounting. I give 20% discounts when I R&R a part for a customer IF I get to keep the old part. I bought this and a GFS neck. Figuring in the labor I made on the gits I got parts from, raiding my packrat stash and using left over paints I'll have ten bucks in it, or a Franklin. I'm thinking about going with a burst as all the fuglies are close to or on the edges and would be covered. The grain would then show thru. Join me for another wild ride to Build Land.
    Irresponsible is what boring people call fun people

Figuring in the labor I made on the gits I got parts from, raiding my packrat stash and using left over paints I'll have ten bucks in it, or a Franklin.

... but Hamilton is on the $10...
    Video evidence of Yesticles playing live at Random (expletive deleted) Hole, Warren, MI on 11/2/2012.Free "music!"

Comment

Maybe he's making 10 of them?

Comment

put some of these in it

GUITARS:
        Fender MIM Standard Strat
        Hand Made SG Replica
        Epiphone DOT Studio
        Westbury Standard
        Cort X-5
        New Dawn Signature Prototype
        Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
        Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
        AMPS:
        Crate VC3112
        Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

Old Ben in on the hundy.
          Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
          Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

SPAM:

Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs & pricing

Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic

Comment

... but Hamilton is on the $10...

OOOOOPS!!!. I'll leave it Franklin cuz I know I'll end up having a 20 in it by the time I'm done. I already haz a SD little '59 bridge and a GFS lil killer 10K. These pups were in a git I sold to a guy who later wanted some MIM's put in. I charged him $40 and kept the pups. I haz a Fender vintage tele bridge with some form of compensated saddles. Guy wanted a 6 saddle bridge. Tuners are off an elcheapo that got replaced with some lockers. Can't remember the brand. And so it goes.

Comment

OOOOOPS!!!. I'll leave it Franklin cuz I know I'll end up having a 20 in it by the time I'm done.

That would make it a Jackson, but that name's taken.
                Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

OOOOOPS!!!. I'll leave it Franklin cuz I know I'll end up having a 20 in it by the time I'm done.

Something tells me you're not good with money...

Seriously though, enjoy the build!
                  Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- Two Cow Garage

Yes, I can actually play: Falstaff

Comment

US History, more likely...
                    Guitars: 3 Partscasters (SSS, SSH, and Tele), Gibson SG Special Faded (heavily modified), Fender Classic Player Thinline Telecaster
                    Effects: RMC4 Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, Dunlop BoG Fuzzface, EHX Soul Food, BYOC TS-808, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, MXR Phase 90, Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay, TC Hall of Fame Reverb
                    Amps: Silverface Champ, Blues Junior with BillM mods

Comment

Seriously though, enjoy the build!

I haven't seen real money in a long time. I deal with checks, plastic and auto deposits. Is real American paper money still green?
                      Well now a dilema. I have some med blue and black from other projects. I was gonna go blue w/ black stripes but I found a cream p/g I forgot I had. Wait, I has some gold metalic........... I'm open to suggestions. What colors go good with a cream p/g?
                      Keep in mind I'm trying to keep the cost as low as possible.

Comment

this thread made me lulz

Comment

I forgot about this project till I saw a recent thread on pine. Turns out, Franklin Tele is correct. I bought a GFS blem neck, some string ferrules and variousl other misc. Total is 92 bucks

You can see, copious filling needed to be done. I bought some Zinsser seal coat to keep the pine sap from bleeding thru. After that it's getting red filler primer and Minwax satin poly for topcoat. I'll have it done in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                          X